What's new

DFW Get-together?

Stores that i've been too that carry shaving products:

Dougherty's Pharmacy

5959 Royal Ln #515 Dallas, TX 75230
(214) 373-5300

They have Geo F. Trumper products, Schick Injector blade, GEM blades, and a few other aftershaves and lotions.

The Knife Shoppe

It's in the parks mall in arlington.

They have DE razors, mostly merkur. Gillette and merkur blades, Col conk soaps and brushes, stands and soap holders.

I'm inclined to add Drug Emporium to the list of vendors (once I confirm they still carry the stuff). It's a pretty lean selection, but they do/did have some proper wetshaving gear, albeit on the low end. Injector blades, the usual Clubman/Pinaud stuff (but I don't think I saw the complete line). Not exactly remarkable, but since Wal-Mart doesn't seem to carry DE blades anymore, Drug Emporium is one of the few brick & mortar stores I've seen that carry even the low end stuff.

Anyone else corroborate my findings with another Drug Emporium? I'll head over to check out the one in Denton sometime soon.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I'm inclined to add Drug Emporium to the list of vendors (once I confirm they still carry the stuff). It's a pretty lean selection, but they do/did have some proper wetshaving gear, albeit on the low end. Injector blades, the usual Clubman/Pinaud stuff (but I don't think I saw the complete line). Not exactly remarkable, but since Wal-Mart doesn't seem to carry DE blades anymore, Drug Emporium is one of the few brick & mortar stores I've seen that carry even the low end stuff.

Anyone else corroborate my findings with another Drug Emporium? I'll head over to check out the one in Denton sometime soon.

Clubman....low end?? Thats my go to AS. :letterk1:

I have subscribed to this thread and will start popping in, my parents where in town for the last meet up but have the next one on my calendar........that is if a Blue Badge is allowed. :lol:

Also I want to thank Dennis for organizing the Wiki and keeping this flowing. :thumbup:

FYI, here are the locations reported in the B&B member profiles who I've identified (or suspect) of living in North Texas (defined by the government as the Dallas-Fort Worth, TX-OK Combined Statistical Area

I sent an email this week to all the individuals identified, asking them to save the dates for the Summer and Fall gatherings. I also asked those members who didn't list a city (Unknown, DFW, or North Texas) to list a city instead. This data is from May 2013.

Dallas , 105
Fort Worth 40
Unknown 33
DFW 25
Arlington 14
North Texas 14
Plano 12
Frisco 9
Abilene 8
McKinney 8
Denton 7
Coppell 5
Richardson 5
Keller 4
Allen 3
Flower Mound 3
Garland 3
Lewisville 3
Bedford 2
Burleson 2
Grand Prarie 2
Grapevine 2
Mesquite 2
Rockwall 2
Waxahachie 2
Wylie 2
Addison 1
Carrollton 1
Celina 1
Corinth 1
Denison 1
Farmers Branch 1
Forney 1
Irving 1
Joshua 1
Kaufman 1
North Richland Hills 1
Saginaw 1
Sanger 1
South of Dallas 1
Southlake 1
The Colony 1
White Settlement 1
Wichita Falls 1
Total 335

Hey @soapbox, let me know what you find at DE. I've skimmed the shaving isle there and found more than most but nothing I use. I didn't find any blades at all there. (Admittedly, I didn't ask.) I don't use aftershave (they seem to have a lot) but I do use Witch hazel. The new Organic Grocers down the street has Thayers.

Dennis, thank you for all your work keeping track of us wayward souls. I never knew there were eight of us in Abilene.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
@BigFoot,

You appeared twice on my list: once in Bedford and once in Carrollton. I assume Carrollton is correct?

Dennis

Carrollton is correct Dennis.

Do you guys all like my Avatar and my new custom title. Of course I am a Bigfoot junkie and stumbled across the Lake Worth Monster, I had to change my custom title.

Bigfoot,

Awesome title.

Do you go to the annual Bigfoot convention near Beaver's Bend, OK.? Looks like it would be interesting.

Dennis

Dennis, thank you for all your work keeping track of us wayward souls. I never knew there were eight of us in Abilene.
+1! I had no idea there were actually 5 of us in Coppell! I also find it surprising that there are 335 in the fairly immediate area. Interesting, indeed...:001_rolle And a huge thank you to dparish for sending the notifications for this. I'll definitely attempt to make the August meet. Depending, of course on time and place. The last one I went to was great fun!

Top Bottom