What's new

Developing Problem with SMF Forum Brush

I'm absolutely stunned. I have been off the net for about 5 days due to a move, and I come back to THIS :

gage0921 said:
Really...................but you took the time to annoy us about this issue again. Last time I checked bernd was not a member here and would not be able to answere any questions you might have about your brush. So please spare us all with your complaints and talk to the man who can do something for you. I think I speak for quite a few of us when I say were tired of hearing you ***** and moan.

You are WAY the hell out of line, Sean. So you are "tired of hearing me ***** and moan" huh? Interesting comment, since I've never posted a negative word about the brush until this post.

Last time I checked, I don't need your permission to post my questions or concerns about this brush. I paid over a $100 for a supposedly hand-made item that is already showing signs of deterioration. Moreover, I don't recall any warnings against soaking the brush in hot water. Obviously, this method is not at all unusual and should have been anticipated by Bernd. Maybe I should make sure not to have any shaving cream come into contact with the handle as well? At the very least, we should have been warned not to soak the brush. And, not that it should matter, but I've always taken care to not submerge the entire handle. However, it is inevitable that the water sometimes hits the top edge of the handle.

In any event, Bernd has since offered to take care of the problem. Given your (late) apology, I'm letting this go at this point, but this kind of response was totally unwarranted and, frankly, does not bode well for the future of this forum.

- Brad

Brad,
Your expression of righteous indignation, while understandable, is of no value to anyone including yourself. I am sure that everyone appreciates you manifold contributions and certainly is crying out for the public humiliation of Sean, if not some corporal punishment. BUT, I think we will all forego that opportunity in light of his apology. Too bad you missed the chance too.

As usual, Ronnie, you seem to operating on a different wavelength than the rest of us.

In all honesty, I find myself baffled each and every time I come across one of your posts. Do you realize that nearly every word you type drips with sarcasm and condescension? Either that or you regurgitate a string of obscure references and disjointed, stream-of-consciousness commentary. Obviously, I realize that I cannot compete with a wit as delightful and razor-sharp as yours, which could only be honed after years of rubbing elbows with the high-society and sophisticates of Norman, Oklahoma.

I believe you were recently scolded and told to cease and desist in reference to another one of your typically confounding and ridiculous rants in a different thread. Take the hint.

- Brad

Guys,

I had hoped this thread had died after Sean's apology, but it has definitely crossed the line again. Brad - take a moment to relax and consider how your post was perceived; you basically took Sean's apology and crapped all over it. It was sure to generate a response, and indeed it did. Degenerating from there into personal attacks on Ron doesn't help the situation at all. I am glad you are getting a response from Bernd, and if you choose not to participate here I understand that also. Just let it go and move on.

I agree... lets all take a step back.

For what it is worth Brad - I had suggested several times on SMF that it probably would not be a good idea to put boiling water on the wood, as to me it just seemed logical that over time it would deterioirate the lacquer. Remember though - all of my posts there are gone.

Brad,
My goodness, and here I thought I was defending your right to whinge. If your writing to me in the diminutive is to indicate anything, please have it out. Your personnal attacks are really undeserved, but I must consider the source. And if you must profess your honesty, what is there about you we should distrust? I guess when you have a jaundiced eye, everything looks yellow.
Now Braddypoo, (Do you prefer that?) go along and try to insult some others.

InjuryLaw said:
As usual, Ronnie, you seem to operating on a different wavelength than the rest of us.

In all honesty, I find myself baffled each and every time I come across one of your posts. Do you realize that nearly every word you type drips with sarcasm and condescension? Either that or you regurgitate a string of obscure references and disjointed, stream-of-consciousness commentary. Obviously, I realize that I cannot compete with a wit as delightful and razor-sharp as yours, which could only be honed after years of rubbing elbows with the high-society and sophistcates of Norman, Oklahoma.

I believe you were recently scolded and told to cease and desist in reference to another one of your typically confounding and ridiculous rants in a different thread. Take the hint.

- Brad

My Sweet Ronette -

Joel asked me to be the bigger man when you shot off your mouth a few weeks back, and I did out of respect for him and his new forum. But I'm done biting my tongue you snotty, arrogant *****.

You sure are a tough guy aren't you -- at least when you're typing away in your parents' basement. Why don't you go back to fantasizing that the genuine silvertip badger you're using to stimulate your micropahllus is what you'd imagine a real woman might feel like.

As far as Sean's late apology, I personally don't subscribe to the theory that simply saying "sorry" makes everything OK. Sean attacked me out of nowhere, for no reason, and THEN decided to apologize after everyone called him out. So now I'm supposed to just grin and bear it? I don't think so.

- Brad

P.S. I've had several emails from members of both forums supporting me and questioning the tone and direction of this new forum. I was one of the first to visit this site and pledge my support to Joel, who has been nothing but great to me. But if this is what it's going to be like here, you can definitely count me out.

P.S. I've had several emails from members of both forums supporting me and questioning the tone and direction of this new forum. I was one of the first to pledge my support to Joel, who has been nothing but great to me. But if this is what it's going to be like here, you can definitely count me out.

Brad, if that was the case, whatever "goodwill" you have accumulated has now gone. I for one was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but no longer. Your post is truly offensive. Look around this site- just about every post with the exception of your 10 "contributions" have been positive, helpful exchanges. If you want to be counted out, I encourage that - go ahead and revoke your membership here.

Scotto -

So sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities. I only hope that those who are unfortunate enough to read my post will be able to recover.

- Brad

Brad,
I think your post says all that need be said about you and your attitude. As far as support, you certainly need it.

Anyone can lodge an insult.... it does not take witt, intelligence, compassion, honor, restraint or class to blast away at someone.... all it takes is a lack of self control. Such a display is seen by most Asian cultures as an extreme sign of distrust, and a lack of self control - which dissolves any respect they once harbored for the individual. Showing any public reaction shows the individual that they have done what they intended.... changed your mindset, feelings and thoughts, and as a result - become part of your life. Who wants to willingly invite negativity, anger and conflict into their lives?

This is a forum... a place for us to come together, enjoy, share experiences, knowledge and FRIENDSHIP - this is an oasis in a desert.... why pour sand into the water? There is enough negativity and conflict around us at home, work, school and throughout the world.... lets keep this oasis just that.... something magical - something special to sneak away to.

I don't think apoligies are needed. I don't think a finger of blame is needed, and I know "moderation" is not needed. What IS needed is for us ALL to stop for a second, and really think about why we are here, what we like about the place, don't like about the place and WANT the place to be. This is ALL OURS - lets ALL step up, be PROACTIVE and TURN this place into what we all desire... a happy utopia we can ALL enjoy with our buddies, and chit chat about shaving. If you (meaning ANYONE) have intentions other than hangin' out with the fellas and simply having fun - then I suggest you consider other ventures. For those of you who WISH to "hang out with the fellas" and just have fun here - don't wait for it to happen.... this is as much your site as anyone elses. Take a stand, step up, and make something happen. I assure you - you will be accepted with open arms - no matter WHAT your history.

You've got an invitation..... now it is up to you to do something with it.

InjuryLawAs far as Sean's late apology said:
I appologized because I am clearly the bigger man................No amount of poking or proding could make me appologize for the sake of your feelings. You feel the need to leave so be it..............Dont let the door hit ya.

Joel, I sincerely wish you the best with this site. I appreciate all the work you've obviously been putting in to create and grow B&B. Beyond that, you seem like a true gentleman and all-around good guy.

However, am I the only one who finds it telling that there are more moderators than actual members posting regularly on this forum? This begs the question, if there are only moderators to moderate, who is left to moderate the moderators?

Whatever you may think of my opinion, I would respectfully suggest that you not turn a blind eye to what is transpiring here. There are many among the shaving community who are now seriously questioning the direction this brand-new forum seems to be taking. The undeniable truth is that SOME of the moderators you have chosen are clearly not fit for the task (to wit, Sean and Ron), and reflect very poorly on B&B. It's sad that the older forums are far more accomodating and welcoming of truly open debate and discussion, even when things get a bit messy or disagreeable.

All you have to do is go back to the beginning of this thread and re-read my original post -- before things quickly devolved (which I admittedly contributed to). Look at the nasty tone and (knee-)jerk reactions of the aforementioned moderators. Is THIS what you envisioned for B&B? Is THIS the way you want things to go??

Sean has now all but told me to leave. I may be only one measly junior member, who can be easily dismissed, but one begets two, which beget three, and so on...

- Brad

Top Bottom