What's new

DE Collection Storage Solution

Since many DE users have multiple razors I was wondering if any of you have a clean and organized way to store them.

Similar to a case for many pens or watches etc... Many people are using plastic bins but I was hoping for something higher end, seems like there isn't much on the market for this?

Not many options. I use a antique rubber stamp carousel but it doesn't tuck them away if that's what you're wanting.
IMG_20180209_144153354.jpg

The challenge I see in this is what is “touching” the razor and where is this contact happening?

In my bow, I have a piece of felt that the arrow rests on when I have it nocked, both before and after my draw. Further, many of th me razor kits are lined with felt, which makes me think this might not be a bad piece of material to have the razor rest on. The fewer the contact point, the less chance for damage.
Wood seems to be a good option as long as there isn’t a chemical reaction between the razor and the wood when wet.
How do you want to store them, seen or out of sight?
Out of sight and secure could be accomplished with a cheap pelican case or the like.
A music equipment gig bag or mic gig back would work and are really cheap, but don’t have a hard structure, so one would need to be created.
A cross between the 2 concepts might be converting an old “Silver” silverware case/chest. These were made for both protection and display. Often times they also had small, lined drawers at the base that could also be used for old blades and the like. This could go on a shelf, on a cabinet, but not really on a counter-top.
I too have been mulling this over a bit. Hang a small spice-rack, small shelf, or look at other options.

Good luck.

Thanks for the input guys! I was thinking more of a case for collection purposes that would be out of sight or on a table closed. Razors would go in dry and can easily be pulled out for use similar to a high end wooden pen box but it would need to have a clever design to accommodate a bunch of DEs. The case would also secure the razors so they can't be knocked over as they can be on a shelf or a stand or just lined up.

Would this be something that would interest people here? I may consider making something or getting something made to fit this purpose.

Depending on th number, a silver chest would be more than adequate. Tou could even use the insides of an old New Improved or Old Type case as the template. Again, like the inside of a Silver Flatware Chest/Case.

I must say that most guys here (or at least the ones who post pictures of their storage) have far more bathroom space than I do. I keep one razor in the vanity in the bathroom and the others I keep in a cigar box that sits on my dresser. I picked up two cigar boxes from a smoke shop. One box has my 6 straights in it, the other has my 7 DE razors.

B0A542EC-1AD7-4BEA-AAF5-FB546D30295A.jpeg
EE411100-8F35-4B4A-AFAD-966C9F6460AF.jpeg
The active dozen razors are out, nine in a rack with felt where the razors rest, two on a shelf and one on a stand. Backup are in pouches in a box.

I found a cool place to keep my razors. I had this wood box that my wife's grandfather gave me and low and behold they fit perfectly. He has passed away now but that makes it more special now. The SS on the right was his.
20180811_211200.jpg
20180811_211224.jpg

Happy shaves
SMURF

Top Bottom