What's new

Davidoff 3x3 & 4x4 Bundle Cigars :-D

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Dear Cigar Enthusiasts:
I know what many of you may thinking of purchasing cigar bundles (ain't no way Jesus
proxy.php
), but myself being inquisitive and researching online about bundle cigar (besides what I already know),…I’ve read some good reveiws about Davidoff 3x3 & 4x4 cigars.

These cigars are, "handmade in Santiago, the Dominican Republic by living tobacco legend, Hendrik Kelner, who also makes Davidoff ande Avo cigars. These value-priced cigars are presented in bundles of 9 and 16 cigars [also in aluminum tubes]. The 3x3 cigars have a medium body [and], the 4x4 cigars also have a medium body, but are much milder than the 3x3 cigars. Both formats are a blend of Dominican [filler and binder], tobaccos is encased in Colorado Claro Connecticut wrappers for a medium-bodied smoke with sweet, creamy nuances and gentle flourishes of spice. Well-worth the asking price, especially for an every day cigar".

Read More: http://www.cigarplace.biz/index.cfm/a/catalog.cigarBrand/brandid/1710/

Also,
I understand that these cigars are, “are made in"the other" (unnamed) factory just outside Villa Gonzalez, DR and notthe main Tabadom factory. Henke Kelner oversees both factories though. These cigars (like Private Stock) are first quality cigars that are rolled with tobacco that was judged [not acceptable], to roll into a Davi, Avo, Griffin's, Cusano,etc. The cigars are not seconds of Davidoff and the blend is different from all the other lines that Davidoff factories produces. You could say it is a first quality cigar rolled from second
quality tobacco”.

Read More: http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-questions/95392-4x4-bundled-cigars.html

That said, I'm gonna 'pull the trigger' on the Corona 3x3 Turbos (
and later write a reveiw), but wanted to ask if have any of you esteemed 'cigarnistas' tried these cigars?
proxy.php

proxy.php
"A cigar is as good as [the] memories that you have when you smoked it". Raul Julia

Attachments

• $3x3-and-4x4-cigars.jpg
    $3x3-and-4x4-cigars.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
I have smoked one of the 3x3 Robustos. I thought it was a good quality smoke, that gives an experience greater than the price point it sits at. Perfect draw, nice even burn, smoked it to within an inch of the end, and then ordered a full 3x3 bundle of the churchill model.:thumbup:

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I have smoked one of the 3x3 Robustos. I thought it was a good quality smoke, that gives an experience greater than the price point it sits at. Perfect draw, nice even burn, smoked it to within an inch of the end, and then ordered a full 3x3 bundle of the churchill model.:thumbup:
Phil:
Thanx for your input, support and for sharing! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best". Sir Winston S. Churchill

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Construction: Surprisingly, this ‘bundled’ (by Hendrik Kelner, the distributor of the Davidoff company), cigar has no imperfections (non-banded), quite a smooth rich, reddish brown wrapper with no hard or soft spots. In a ‘nut shell’…(and to my surprise), a very well rolled cigar. I removed the cellophanes and let my bundle ‘rest’ a few days in my humidor before smoking them.

Pre-Smoke: The aroma is soft, nutty and woody with a hint of roasted coffee bean and chocolate. Lighting presented no problems either and did not start "tunneling" or "canoeing". In fact, the burn was very ‘even’ and the draw was quite easy from the fact this cigar was not too tightly rolled.

Smoking: I was very impressed and when smoking this cigar, you will be pleasantly surprised by its smooth mild flavor. The cigar produced a very light grey ash and good amounts of thick creamy smoke. Faint flavors of creamy cocoa, roasted coffee bean and spice hit the palate first. This cigar has a mild body with hint of earthy and soft woody flavor and a hint of sweetness and did not overpower my senses at all. About at the halfway mark, these flavors are more pronounced and did not become hot and/or harsh near the end. Furthermore, the burn time was about 45 (depending on your smoking style), minutes of pure Davidoff bliss.

Conclusion: A very good and consistent Dominican ‘bundled’ cigar and perfect when paired with a cup of strong coffee and/or with a ‘snifter’ of fine Brandy, Cognac or Cream Sherry. In my opinion, this cigar will 'age' very well and from the fermenting, aging, blending and choices of Dominican tobaccos (long filler, binder and colorado claro Connecticut shade wrapper), the 4x4 Corona Bundle is typical of a much more expensive cigar and is an very nice ‘everyday’ cigar for those desiring a rich, mild smoke in a Corona (43x5in), format.

proxy.php
"Smoking cigars is like falling in love. First, you are attracted by its shape; you stay for its flavor, and you must always remember never to let the flame go out”! Sir Winston S. Churchill

Last edited:
Top Bottom