What's new

Dandruff

I had it bad for a while, and Selson Blue, Head and Shoulders, and T-Gel didn't do a thing to it. I ended up getting a shampoo called Nizoral. It's not cheap, but for the money I spent on other cheaper stuff, I could have probably bought two bottles of the stuff. It has a different active ingredient than the other shampoos but it worked incredibly well.

Yeah, the Nizoral is really ketoconazole, which is an antifungal. It kills the fungus that causes your seborrhea (which is what causes your "dandruff").

A tea tree oil shampoo is usually what I use to eliminate dandruff. Trader Joe's has it for a good price.
+1 On the Tea Tree oil shampoos. They don't work for everyone, but it's worth a try before getting into the head&shoulders, tar shampoos etc. It might just work for you.

I haven't tried the Trader Joe's version, but by reading the ingredients and the description (it says it's made for them by a boutique company or something to that effect) I'm almost 100% sure is the same as Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat. This is a great shampoo and it does help with dandruff. It also has peppermint oil which gives you a very nice cooling sensation and has a nice and mild mint scent. BTW, the TJ's version is around half the price.

Top Bottom