What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
:laugh: And I thought I was going crazy by doing the FFFMM with an ultra heavy (for me) titanium handle (42 grams).

My regular handles are Doug's (RIP) 15 gram GTs, my custom octagonal handles from Shavemac (all less than 16 grams), and my Phoenix handles (all around 6 grams).

How much does that thing weigh, Jim, please?

1709318037800.png

I'm not sure if the information above relates to my handle. I believe they offered a choice of two handles, maybe A & B.

Now is not the time for me to use the kitchen scales.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My biceps were so worn out from using the brass Elite last week that I skipped shaving on both Saturday and Sunday.

9-27-23.Semogue.RacingGreen.LE.3Band. BrandNew.640.JPG

There was so much pain in my biceps from lifting the brass Elite I forgot to take a photo of my kit this morning, but I did use the correct brush (for the Fixed Four). In the photo the brush is brand new.

Elite(brass)razor(with blade).640.JPG

My razor was the brass Elite which weighs 125 grams with a Willy's blade installed.

Willy's (2) flipped. The Cube was used to wash my face and neck in the shower. The Tube was used at the sink as a preshave. Post shave I meant to apply Mysterium Serum but forgot. My skin feels fine so it's not a great loss.

It was a very nice shave this morning. The razor zipped through seventy two hours of whisker growth.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Wednesday. A good shave.

View attachment 1807729

Willy's (4), flipped. Shea butter. Cube/Tube. Mysterium Serum.

What's not to like?

Happy shaves to you,

Jim
Jim, though I know you have several LE Semogue brushes and love them, I thought I'd pass on new information from @Beto Salatini . Semogue is about to release a new line of 26mm boars, Misturas and badgers in 26mm... Faux Turtle Shell from the looks of it:

Post #22:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Jim, though I know you have several LE Semogue brushes and love them, I thought I'd pass on new information from @Beto Salatini . Semogue is about to release a new line of 26mm boars, Misturas and badgers in 26mm... Faux Turtle Shell from the looks of it:

Post #22:

Thanks, Kim. I'll check 'em out. Much appreciated.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Friday morning's shave didn't miss the boat.

3-8-24.Elite.Mike's.RacingGreen.640.JPG

Willy's (6), flipped. Shea butter last night. Cube/Tube.

2-119-23.Alum.Stick.Upright.Lea.640.JPG

Following my shave, and a rinse, I applied alum, for no special reason. After it had dried, following another rinse, Mysterium Serum completed the shave.

It is now about thirteen hours after the shave. It appears to have been a close, long lasting, and Damn Comfortable Shave.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Friday morning's shave didn't miss the boat.

View attachment 1809135

Willy's (6), flipped. Shea butter last night. Cube/Tube.

View attachment 1809138

Following my shave, and a rinse, I applied alum, for no special reason. After it had dried, following another rinse, Mysterium Serum completed the shave.

It is now about thirteen hours after the shave. It appears to have been a close, long lasting, and Damn Comfortable Shave.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Your photos of the Elite brass are moving its use up on my "Wet Shaving Agenda" when we get back. I have a short list but I think the Elite might be at the top now.... I do have another DE that should arrive before us... but the Elite is already there now. The Canada pre-war Tech will have to wait, I think. The RR SuperSlant experiments, along with the ATT Windsor ones are at the bottom as I type. You know me.... the order could change at any time but I really want to compare the brass Elite to the brass Bayonetta I like so much.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Your photos of the Elite brass are moving its use up on my "Wet Shaving Agenda" when we get back. I have a short list but I think the Elite might be at the top now.... I do have another DE that should arrive before us... but the Elite is already there now. The Canada pre-war Tech will have to wait, I think. The RR SuperSlant experiments, along with the ATT Windsor ones are at the bottom as I type. You know me.... the order could change at any time but I really want to compare the brass Elite to the brass Bayonetta I like so much.

I get it, Kim.

I really want to compare the brass Elite to the brass Bayonetta I like so much.

Particularly that part. I had the same exact problem. It will be interesting to compare notes. Both razors are impressive.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Wednesday. My skin was a bit overdone after this one.

3-13-24.Elite.Mike's.RacingGreen.640.JPG

I do not know why.

Shea butter last night. Cube/Tube. Mysterium Serum was applied immediately post shave. It was also applied a few hours later, but my skin still feels a bit dry and overdone. Maybe it is the weather.

It seemed like a good shave to me.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thursday. A very nice shave.

3-14-24.Elite.Mike's.RacingGreen.640.JPG

Today's shave was better than yesterday's. Looking back I did just a bit too much work yesterday, so I backed off to "normal" today, to my advantage.

Shea butter last night. Cube/Tube today. Willy's (1), flipped.

Post shave I applied alum, for no particular reason, using my Lea stick. When it had dried, I did not rinse it off, but applied Mysterium Serum on top of it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom