What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Game on...

Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan
1623444947901.png

I'm thinking about starting not next Monday but the following one.

⬆ ⬇ A two week trial or a four week trial? ⬇ ⬆

Let me know when and I will join you. :)

Maybe a two minute trial?

Happy shaves,

Jim

I'm very pleased to say that I don't have a Roedter. :biggrin:

I like Fatip, but consider their QA prowess. Then consider that these items failed Fatip's QA inspection! :whistling:

That must have been many years ago, in the bad old days. Fatip has actually improved their quality control considerably over the past 2 years.

Here is an actual photo of the updated Fatip quality control process. If it looks like a "T", it passes.

proxy.php

That said, I think they're pretty tough to beat on a value/performance basis. Solid brass and rigid as heck. They run circles around most of the zamak razors at a similar price point.

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
That must have been many years ago, in the bad old days. Fatip has actually improved their quality control considerably over the past 2 years.

Here is an actual photo of the updated Fatip quality control process. If it looks like a "T", it passes.

proxy.php

That said, I think they're pretty tough to beat on a value/performance basis. Solid brass and rigid as heck. They run circles around most of the zamak razors at a similar price point.
There should be a bubble caption above Ilario's head that says, Looks good. 😂

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Saturday. Another good shave.

6-12-21.TopsailBeachKit.95OC.DO1.Vitos.640.JPG

The razor is in a hard shell case which I think I bought from Karve; it's the bee's knees of razor protective cases, and it fits with all my other stuff in the nice green leather Dopp kit my wife bought me a year or two ago.

I left out of the photo my styptic pencil. Oh, well. It is in the Dopp kit now.

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
... I'm willing to settle for a non-BBS neck but not stubble which anyone can see on the lower lip...
Give it 20 years brother. By then it'll be all gray hair, so no one would be able to see it anyways.

That aside, what works for me is to puff my lips as if I were to blow a trumpet, then carefully buff up ATG. Using a really thin headed razor (Vector OC) really helps. I press the top cap against puffed lower lip with a considerable amount of pressure and then pull up. It's not really a buffing motion, more like a scooping motion. It's hard to explain, as with Vector's head everything is so different. I hope you get the general idea though.

Maybe @never-stop-learning can chime in on this one. David...?

Good luck!

Top Bottom