What's new

Dabur shaving cream?

I picked this up at a local Indian grocery here and tried it with mixed results. I can't find any reviews for it and was just wondering if anyone else had heard of or tried this stuff. The lable says Dabur Herbal shaving cream, it says Product of U.A.E.
Dabur Herbal Shaving Cream has Allantoin, Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera.
Allantoin leaves the skin smooth and supple. Tea Tree Oil is a natural antiseptic. Aloe Vera is a latural moisturiser.

Decent lather but the smell is not bad but not pleasant... kinda different.

Sorry about crappy Iphone pics, it's all I have.

Attachments

• $IMG_0041.jpg
    $IMG_0041.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 49
  • $IMG_0044.jpg
    $IMG_0044.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 47
  • $IMG_0048.jpg
    $IMG_0048.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 46
  • $IMG_0049.jpg
    $IMG_0049.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 46
  • $IMG_0051.jpg
    $IMG_0051.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I have seen dabur hair and facial cosmetics such as hair oil,shampoo ,talc. etc. ,but never shaving cream...all the products were from india,you found something very interesting,can you post a photo ,and a shot of the lather ?

Interesting. Dabur has good stuff. The "Red" Toothpaste is awesome. This is the first I've seen of the cream.

Six years on, in a Arab supermarket I picked up two tubes of Dabur Vatica . One is Herbal and the other one is Herbal with Menthol.

These are made by Dabur Egypt under license from Dabur India.

The price is good at 75p for 60ml.
Lather test next week.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Made in Egypt? Ok, the next time my good buddy Samir goes there I'll ask him to try to find these creams for me. He's also into stuff like this!

Just to round this off, finally had a chance to properly test the Vatica Herbal Mentholated.

It's a nice cream, menthol is felt about a minute or two after face lathering, I'd say about two notches below Lea mentholated so refreshing but not very cooling.

Fragrance is interesting, scented like narcissus again lightly scented.

Performance is on par with European Palmolive which is good in my book.

I attacked it with my daily razor the Gillette Sterling loaded with a Nacet blade.

Results are super smooth especially after finishing it off with Nivea two phase splashbalm.

Top Bottom