What's new

D R Harris scent strength

I've been using DRH for a little while now and I was wondering how strong the scent was supposed to be. Its not nearly as strong as TOBS in my use and I was wondering if this was how it was supposed to be (its definitely there and does linger quite a while but it just isn't as strong). Have I perhaps gotten older product that has weakened? Doesn't seem like it but the cream is a little bit denser and harder than the TOBS was. Everything else is fine, lather is great etc. etc.

I've got a tub of Arlington from this summer (~6months since opening) and the consistency has always been more liquid than my tobs and other creams, almost like yoghurt. The scent is as strong if not stronger than tobs sandalwood for comparison.

was it like this since you opened it the first time?

I've got a tub of Arlington from this summer (~6months since opening) and the consistency has always been more liquid than my tobs and other creams, almost like yoghurt. The scent is as strong if not stronger than tobs sandalwood for comparison.

was it like this since you opened it the first time?
Yes, its a little bit tougher and drier and the scent is there but not as strong. At least to my nose. Eucalyptus and Rose were decent but not as strong...

I just recently received the D R Harris sample pack of creams. Scent strength varies between all of them. I'll rank them from strongest to faintest from my own personal use:

1. Windsor
2. Almond
3. Arlington
4. Rose
5. Lavender
6. Marlborough
7. Sandalwood
8. Eucalyptus

The first 3 were very strong, Rose and Lavender were "there" without being too strong, and the next few were hardly noticeable scent-wise.. (the eucalyptus felt great with a very mild menthol effect, and probably performed the best for me)

I just recently received the D R Harris sample pack of creams. Scent strength varies between all of them. I'll rank them from strongest to faintest from my own personal use:

1. Windsor
2. Almond
3. Arlington
4. Rose
5. Lavender
6. Marlborough
7. Sandalwood
8. Eucalyptus

The first 3 were very strong, Rose and Lavender were "there" without being too strong, and the next few were hardly noticeable scent-wise.. (the eucalyptus felt great with a very mild menthol effect, and probably performed the best for me)

great report!
and welcome, Sir Sacky84 as well as SydneyShaver, to B&B!
i find that scent strength of most creams is affected a lot by age and exposure to air/heat.
my only DRH creams are arlington and rose, but both have remained well-scented.

by the way, don't overlook DRH soaps, which are renowned for their nice tallow lather!

drh creams.jpg

I used almond today and it was definitely there!! I think that maybe it's just dried out a bit? I mixed some water into the creams and the scent is much stronger. Not sure how that works but if it ain't broke..It's still not as strong as TOBS (I think that it has weakened in storage and I've contacted the store I bought it from (they gave me half value store credit). I'll still post my review on the scents similar to what I did with the TOBS lineup but I guess the jury will have to be out on the scent strength.

1. Windsor
2. Almond
3. Arlington
4. Rose
5. Lavender
6. Marlborough
7. Sandalwood
8. Eucalyptus

Eucalyptus is what made me sceptical. You just notice it really but the menthol is there. I found that there wasn't any menthol added in to the product, it seems to come from the Eucalyptus extract. Arlington and Almond are stronger but still for me not as strong as TOBS though I prefer DRH almond to TOBS almond and Arlington has a nice citrus/moss scent. They're clearer, less sweet scents imo

Top Bottom