What's new

D R Harris Old Windsor- Love the shavecream- Does the Spash/EdT have the same Punch?

Over the years I have bought a lot of different shaving soaps and creams. On occasions I have bought a splash or a EdT with a scent that I thought was about the same when compared to the soap/cream. Mostly I have been disappointed with my acquisitions.
The scent of the La Toja splash per example was horrendous to my nose when compared with the shaving stick.

Anyway here is my question- I like the scent of my Windsor shaving cream a lot. (Probably because I love Terre d'Hermès especially in the colder periods of the year).
Is the the Windsor spash or the EdT close to cream "scentwise"?
Sorry if this has been been up before on this section- I usually visit different sub-forums on B&B.
/Henrik

If my memory serves me correctly, the Windsor EdT is quite similar in scent to the soap (I haven't tried the shave cream) and it is obviously very close to Terre d'Hermes. If you have the Hermes frag already, I couldn't imagine a need to have the DRH version as well.

The AS and the cream are very similar to each other in the container. In use, I find the cream when lathered emphasizes the citrus, while the AS when worn highlights the woodiness. YMMV.

The AS and the cream are very similar to each other in the container. In use, I find the cream when lathered emphasizes the citrus, while the AS when worn highlights the woodiness. YMMV.

Thanks! That is a useful description indeed.

I don't have the soap, but the Windsor Aftershave is a very refined Sandalwood scent with a slight smokiness. At least to my nose. Very nice.

When it comes to lasting power- is it a big difference between the EdT and the after shave for the Windsor line..? Does anyone know??
By the way I sort of forgot that I started this thread months ago and I have been occupied with other things in the meantime (mostly kids). Still after a nice winter fragrance though and would like a twist to my Terre d'Hermes that to me is a stellar fragrance in the colder season.

The AS lasts maybe an hour on me. I haven't tried the EdT, for comparison.
Thanks! About average then which is fine of course. Anyway- I ordered the EdT a couple of Days ago. Should turn up any day now. Really looking forward to it.

I have the soap, splash, and EDT. EDT lasts a decent amount of time for me, never really checked the time or anything. I love all 3.

I received my EdT a few days ago and was able to compare the cream with the EdT and I agree on this. The topnotes on the EdT is more citrus but when mellowing down for an hour or so I find the cream and the EdT a close match. I am very pleased with this scent and I am glad I eventually found a matching combo. Thanks fellows!

Top Bottom