What's new

Custom Made Jeans?

After what so far has been a good experience with Natty Shirts, I've started wondering what other custom clothing makers are online at reasonable prices. I'm a big guy and often find myself wishing that there was more of a selection in Big and Tall clothing. Where a regularly sized pair of jeans might be available in 5 or 6 fabric choices, I often find 2 or 3 if I'm lucky.

I know custom clothing can get expensive, and rightfully so, but I don't have the money or desire to spend $100 or more on a pair of jeans. Does anyone know of a company that makes custom fit jeans at a decent price? I looked at Make Your Own Jeans, which looked like exactly what I was searching for on the surface, but after reading reviews, I don't think I'll take a chance with them.

Any suggestions?

Now that I look around more, I see that iTailor makes jeans. Does anyone have experience with them?

Have you looked at Diamond Gussett jeans? They make them in a huge variety of sizes for guys like you and me and as an added bonus, they have a gussetted crotch which makes them VERY comfortable! I've been using them for quite a while now. The onlything that I don't like about them could also be considered a pro: They're thick and as a result pretty heavy! Go for it.

Have you looked at Diamond Gussett jeans? They make them in a huge variety of sizes for guys like you and me and as an added bonus, they have a gussetted crotch which makes them VERY comfortable! I've been using them for quite a while now. The onlything that I don't like about them could also be considered a pro: They're thick and as a result pretty heavy! Go for it.

Actually, I have a pair of Diamond Gussetts that I bought probably 6 years ago. The only thing I didn't care for about them was that the front rise seemed ridiculously high, which made them uncomfortable (I refuse to wear my jeans over my stomach). If they had a low rise option, they might be a good choice.

ETA: I agree that they are heavy, so much so that I only ever wear them in the fall and winter, they're just too heavy for summer wear.

Last edited:
I'm afraid you're going to be hard pressed to find anything MTM for under $100 that is worth seriously considering. I'll bet you would have more luck finding an online retailer that offers a broader selection of sizes, or one that specializes in big & tall.

Top Bottom