What's new

What's your favorite synthetic knot for custom handles?

I'm thinking of getting another custom handle made and trying to decide what knot to get. I got an AK47, it's fine. Simpson T3 what a fantastic value, I think. It's a great brush for the $34 I paid for. I got a custom with Muhle STF, and it's T3 to me, but not as dense. I have another custom on the way with G5C. So I'm thinking, maybe I'll just get another G5C or STF? Unless you guys here have other suggestions? I really don't know what other synthetic or more recent offerings there are, don't know if there are improved latest greatest synthetic knots.

Thanks

I haven't use a lot of synthetic brushes (several RR Plissoft, Yaqi Mojito, APShave Shavemac handle with STF, PAA Peregrino, Maggard Timberwolf, Simpson T1&T3) and find the STF is the best of the lot in mimicking a real badger.

I didn't care for the Trafalgar brushes, found them too stiff. The PAA brush was a floppy mess, though the RR Plissoft is a bit stiffer (still on the soft side) it is serviceable economy brush. The Yaqi is a very close approximation of the STF, which again, is my favorite.

While none of these brushes are elite, boutique-level brushes, if I were getting a custom Rudy Vey synthetic brush, I'd choose another STF.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I really did try quite a few synthetic brushes.... My wife is using the two that remained. She loves the STF knot in the custom handle Rudy made for me from Amboyna burl.... and a FB group buy from Alpha Shaving... blue aluminum handle with a G5"D" knot.

I liked the Omega Evo Original.... but I passed that one along because my wife chose the other two. She didn't want 3 brushes, silly woman. <eg>

Top Bottom