What's new

Custom honey butterscotch

Another of mycarver's beauties. There is a certain translucency to the handle material you may have noticed in some of his other handles, Mark cooks the stock himself; this one looks like suspended poured honey. The knot is a TGN 22 Super Badger set at 50 mm loft.

It's a very yummy brush. Mark sure is a talented man, many thanks to him.

The kit used today.

Hi Luis,
Glad to hear you're enjoying the brush. I like the description of being poured Honey!
Plus , as you indiciated to me in your e-mail, there are tiny "color bubbles" in the handle which has a certain transparency to it. I tend to think this adds a bit of interest to the look of the handle. One solid color is fine, and simple to do, but I like this as it does add a certain something to the look. You see an overall color from a distance,, but closer you have more to look at and discover.
Thanks for letting me do this brush for you.
Mark

This is getting a bit off track but I find it ironic. One of those twists of fate in a way.
About a year and a half ago,closer to two, I bid on some work on the upper west side of New York. An old mansion owned by the first brewer in New York. As time went on the project seemed to fall apart.His plan was to buy this Mansion, at the height of the market no less, restore it and sell it. Hey, at that point the market would have worked.
After repeated calls to the owner, and no response, I figured he got swallowed up by the economy. All the trips to the city,, all the drawings etc...Last contact was over 6 months ago.
On post #6 I called, as Luis did, his "Mae West" brush. It made me think back about this job I had bid.
The irony?
It was Mae Wests' home as well during her time in the spotlight! "Why don't you come up and see me some time?" And the owner just called me this AM stating the job was still a go and he wants me to do the work. I can start any time.
Funny ( ironic) how these things happen. I wrote him off as a casualty of the economy, and I was left scrambling a year ago when I was preparing to do the work as some serious numbers were involved and he vaporized.
Now I type the name Mae West,, and he calls.
Well , I thought it surprising. Hope you didn't mind my long story.

Last edited:
Mark, yes it's a big neaighborhood but we're pretty close.

I love the Mae West story - too cool - and I hope the job pans out for you. :thumbup:

Absolutely beautiful work.

I've only been here a short time but my favorite experience is seeing what members produce themselves.

I think for Christmas I'm going to ask for a custom brush and razor made by someone(s) on B&B.

Guess I better start that thread soon!

Wow, how neat. Brake a leg Mark.

This brush is unbelievably comfortable to use and real treat. I'm glad it has made for a great connection to something that surpasses this hobby of ours by leaps and bounds.

I love this place.

Top Bottom