What's new

CREMO SHAVING CREAM

One thing I have found with Cremo, it really likes hot water.

I tried cold water shaving with it for a week, and cold water just does not melt it. It stays on your blade and clogs up your razor. With warm or hot water, this was no issue.

I also had an acne outbreak that week too. No doubt the Cremo wasn't melting and was clogging my pores too.

Not fun! Just thought I would pass that along.

I tried cold water shaving with it for a week, and cold water just does not melt it. It stays on your blade and clogs up your razor. With warm or hot water, this was no issue.

I also had an acne outbreak that week too. No doubt the Cremo wasn't melting and was clogging my pores too.

Using it for camping I can relate to that cold water clogging !
Going to start using something else for camping like the Captains Choice cream

Try bar soap for your lather. Shaving with cold water will be a little better. New blade, you will be ready to go...

Try bar soap for your lather. Shaving with cold water will be a little better. New blade, you will be ready to go...
Thats a no go for me sadly :) but thanks for the thought tip :)
its more a camping thing anyway so not a huge deal if I skip the shaves anyway :) ahahhaah

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I had the same problem with Cremo, and stopped using it. There are so many better options available, at least for me.

Another cream I didn't mind that is easy to finger lather is EOS. I found it recently at Walmart. It's not as slick but wasn't a bad shave at all. Definitely worth a try if you don't like how thick or slick sticky cremo is.

IMG_20230125_183654629.jpg

I’ve used Cremo a few times in their various scents, and I have found it to be too sticky/tacky/gluey. I have a hard time getting smooth coverage. This thread is making me think I need to give it another chance. How are you all applying it? I was just squirting some in my palm, trying (somewhat unsuccessfully) to combine it with some hot water, and applying to my face with my fingers. Are you using a brush? Doing anything else?

Since DE I rarely use it but when I do with a brush and water
before DE I did use it with a cart razor and only in the shower with super wet face and some extra water on top with hands
agree its very tenacious stuff

I’ve used Cremo a few times in their various scents, and I have found it to be too sticky/tacky/gluey. I have a hard time getting smooth coverage. This thread is making me think I need to give it another chance. How are you all applying it? I was just squirting some in my palm, trying (somewhat unsuccessfully) to combine it with some hot water, and applying to my face with my fingers. Are you using a brush? Doing anything else?
I put a dab on a wet brush then face lather. Ymmv

Another cream I didn't mind that is easy to finger lather is EOS. I found it recently at Walmart. It's not as slick but wasn't a bad shave at all. Definitely worth a try if you don't like how thick or slick sticky cremo is.

View attachment 1601163
I picked up the Fresh Woods scent out of curiosity and tried it this morning. It has the consistency of a lotion. It wasn't as slick as Cremo but it wasn't bad at all. Good for travel or if I want a quick shave.

Anyone else found that Cremo gums up your sink compared to regular shaving soaps?
I think I replied in another thread but cremo is a slimy like slick. I love it myself. Works great for shower shaving as it sticks to the face and doesn't get runny.

I believe I suggested maybe trying Lucky Tiger liquid cream shave. It's more of a soapy like slickness. It also lathers up a bit. In the shower it starts getting a bit runny so maybe what you're looking for.

Finished up my Cremo tube this week. Won't be buying another. It is the slickest thing ever, but causes way too much drama for a F'ing tube of shaving cream.

I had to remember to re-wet it to not nick myself, had to make sure to use the hottest tap water, had to rinse the blade off every 2 or 3 shaves to remove Cremo buildup, had to rinse MY face with hot water to avoid Cremo buildup...

About the only positive I could say is that one Cremo tube really is a 90 day supply. Or easily more. I got 3 months worth of near daily shaves, and I wasn't being stingy with it at all.

But if you want a canned lather? Barbasol foam smokes it IMO.

I use cremo by itself to shave with. I like how slick it is and staying power in a shower where I like to shave. Makes for a quick efficient shave before life happens the rest of the day.
When I first started shaving with a DE razor I used Cremo daily. Once I started using a brush and tradition shave soaps/creams I only use the Cremo occasionally. But I agree, it provides a great efficient, quick shave: Just not as much fun because you don't get to play with the brush and lather.:)

Finished up my Cremo tube this week. Won't be buying another. It is the slickest thing ever, but causes way too much drama for a F'ing tube of shaving cream.

I had to remember to re-wet it to not nick myself, had to make sure to use the hottest tap water, had to rinse the blade off every 2 or 3 shaves to remove Cremo buildup, had to rinse MY face with hot water to avoid Cremo buildup...

About the only positive I could say is that one Cremo tube really is a 90 day supply. Or easily more. I got 3 months worth of near daily shaves, and I wasn't being stingy with it at all.

But if you want a canned lather? Barbasol foam smokes it IMO
Have you tried Jack Black Beard Lube?

Top Bottom