What's new

Cremo flat out SUCKS.

I'm glad I found this thread. I was tempted to try some Cremo. Once before I was tempted and was steered away from it to La Toja by my brick and mortar. Apparently it was good advice.

Hey! Don't diss Barbisol! It may not be any good for shaving, but it is the best for shaving cream fights with a bunch of kids! At Wally World one can usually get a can for under $1 and get enough for everyone and two for yourself. Great fun!
I recommend giving it a try. While I didn't care for it, some folks love it. It can be found fairly cheaply in the local grocery stores in my area.

Never tried it but I see about 4 different versions of it in many stores. Why can’t they carry only 3 versions of that and offer a modestly priced brush on cream like Proraso. Using a brush makes a difference for me particularly for shaving shorter 24 hour stubble that’s why I never tried it.

I’ve seen this Dr. Bronners shave soap next to it at some places, which is also not a brush on I’d assume. Wouldn’t buy it anyways due to all the weird One World religion proselytizing printed all over the tube.

I do like the Gillette Pure stuff in a tube, but Cream-O was like rubber cement that wouldn't set. It may be good, I just didn't have the patience to figure out how much water I needed to cut it.
I also like the Gillette Pure. A slight learning curve to get the right amount of water on your brush to get a great, thick lather. Smooth sailing with this cream...

Cremo as a preshave or a small bit added to shaving cream makes for a great super slick shave.

I’ve also added a small bit to my lather bowl while working up a larger on occasion. They have a scent neutral offering, but the vanilla and the sandalwood would both naturally pair well with a lot of soaps.

Not something I do often, but when I feel like “mixing it up” for a shave, it definitely adds to the slickness.

Cremo cologne is pretty good and long-lasting. I have Blue Cedar & Cypress a little goes a long way. I usually reach for something other than it. The Cremo Shave Cream was slick but non a great latherer to me at the time. Around that time I was also experimenting with a brand called Kiss My Face (very decent) and another brand called The Real Shaving Co it has a big RS logo on it. Both of those were better to me than Cremo shaving cream.

Cremo cologne is pretty good and long-lasting. I have Blue Cedar & Cypress a little goes a long way. I usually reach for something other than it. The Cremo Shave Cream was slick but non a great latherer to me at the time. Around that time I was also experimenting with a brand called Kiss My Face (very decent) and another brand called The Real Shaving Co it has a big RS logo on it. Both of those were better to me than Cremo shaving cream.
From my understanding Cremo isn’t supposed to lather up all that much. And that it’s mainly supposed to be a lubricant between the razor and face

The only Cremo product I use is the exfoliating body wash. Which the No.6 Pacific Sea Salt & Grapefruit. This stuff is great but the shave creme sucks.

The only Cremo product I use is the exfoliating body wash. Which the No.6 Pacific Sea Salt & Grapefruit. This stuff is great but the shave creme sucks.
Sharpolist rated Cremo used by itself as a shave cream at 6/10. However, because of its slickness, he rates it a 9/10 as a pre-shave. I use Cremo as a pre-shave only and it works great.

I have, and had, several Cremo items. For me, the cologne I have is good, the rest of them--forget it. Either too greasy, too sticky, or too watery. My brother says the beard items are OK, the shaving items, not OK. Been burned by this brand too often. Probably be out of business in a few years, my guess.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I've become a brushless snob. The only brushless I like anymore is Barbasol 1919 and that is because it's cheap. I've tried them at all price points but to me it's best.

That said, it's a rareity for me to use it.

I have over 200 soaps and creams in my collection. Of those, I consider only 10 of them to be worse than Cremo. I barely consider it passable. However, it is convenient for travel.
You really ought to PIF some of your stuff that you don't use/like. Some other folks might like it better and use it! This is also an opportunity to clear out your Shave Den of stuff you don't use/like.

You really ought to PIF some of your stuff that you don't use/like. Some other folks might like it better and use it! This is also an opportunity to clear out your Shave Den of stuff you don't use/like.
Why don't you offer to buy it from him rather than asking him for handouts?

Why don't you offer to buy it from him rather than asking him for handouts?
I'm not asking for a handout.

I'm presuming that many/most of those 200 soaps are not being used. Thus, they are just a waste. They were a waste of his money to procure and are a continuing waste of his storage space. He could take these proverbial "lemons" and "make lemonade" by passing the ones he doesn't use/like on to others (NOT TO ME) who might be able to better use/like them. Thus all are happier. The world is a better place. Better world=good.

Top Bottom