What's new

Cremo flat out SUCKS.

I impulsively bought a tube at Target after checking that it could be returned if it didn't work well for me. What an absolutely awful product and impossible to rinse off one's face. If some of you like it, good on you but it is the worst shaving cream I've ever tried. I'd rather use Barbasol. I should know better - Never buy my shaving products at Target...

Oh, and because this is B&B, YMMV. :rolleyes: ;)
That's what I started with when I started wet shaving (after first using Barbasol). I wanted something slick and boy did I get slick! As you said, it's impossible to rinse off. Otherwise, I did find that it performed OK. Then I started using King of Shaves which is really good. But after getting into creams like Proraso, TOBS etc., that was the end of all the others. I still have a half used tube under my vanity that needs to get thrown away.

Cremo as a preshave or a small bit added to shaving cream makes for a great super slick shave.

Also when I used Cremo by itself I used a wet brush and it was far better then applying by hand.
I haven't tried cremo, but concept of mixing creams is just 🤮
If you don't like the cream, use some other cream, if you need to mix creams to work, something is wrong with cream

I've never used Cremo, so I can't speak to that, but when someone says something is the 'worst', or the 'best', I realize that it's an opinion, not necessarily an established fact.
I'm surprised sometimes when I read where someone loves something I hate, or vice versa. I have to remind myself that we all have the right to our own opinion on any given sbject. It would be a boring world indeed if we all thought alike. :wink1:

I've never used Cremo, so I can't speak to that, but when someone says something is the 'worst', or the 'best', I realize that it's an opinion, not necessarily an established fact.
I'm surprised sometimes when I read where someone loves something I hate, or vice versa. I have to remind myself that we all have the right to our own opinion on any given sbject. It would be a boring world indeed if we all thought alike. :wink1:
Of course it's an opinion. I stated that in my opening post and YMMV and yadda, yadda, yadda. That said, Cremo SUCKS. :)

I bought a tube back when it was a new thing (long before they had scents). It was very slick, and I could get good shaves with that and my poor, warped plastic 7'oclock.
However, I'm allergic to it. Didn't matter how good of a shave, I developed razor bumps. Tried making a super-lather with Arko. Fantastic lather, but still got bumps. Tried using it without shaving, still got bumps... Never used it since.

Does the tube you can find at WalMart Target, etc. have a scent? It's white with red lettering I think. What does it smell like?

I tried the coconut mango or whatever it was. From the tube, it smelled great (which is why I bought it). Upon rubbing it into my beard it smelled like an industrial cleaner. Scent was not pleasant. The real issue though is that it does not rinse clean and is very goo-like although I will admit it's slick. But a shaving product needs more than that and this didn't have it. I imagine those who like to rub oil on their face wouldn't mind this stuff but I absolutely hated it more than some of you hate Arko!

I agree it is super slick.

I also agree it doesn’t rinse off very well.

I bought 2 separate tubes (1 “cooling”, 1 original) to try out before stumbling across this thread. I might be unhappy for ages now, as I’m bearded these days and only shave the edges and neck.

If one can get over the clinginess it’s super slick and at least with the cooling your face has a lingering bracing effect for a bit, even after applying aftershave.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
When I first started I melted down a puck of VDH and added about half a tube of cremo to it, stirred and let it set. Made a good slick lather, just never liked the peppermint smell.
There are just certain smells I don't like on my face. Peppermint is one. Most fruits too.

Anything that I like to eat I have a hard time rubbing on my face. Probably because I have flashbacks to my Mom giving me a "spit bath" with a Kleenex to get the stains of said foods off my face.

Of course it's an opinion. I stated that in my opening post and YMMV and yadda, yadda, yadda. That said, Cremo SUCKS. :)
We all like different things. I recall you like TOBS (I can’t stand it) and Proraso which to me is just meh. Barbasol? I would rather use Pears soap. To each their own.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I don't know...it tastes fine to me...

I only use Cremo as a pre-shave and it's ok in that capacity...but have only tried it once on its own and found it to be an odd experience.

Floor-Wax-Resized.png

Top Bottom