What's new

Cremo flat out SUCKS.

We all like different things. I recall you like TOBS (I can’t stand it) and Proraso which to me is just meh. Barbasol? I would rather use Pears soap. To each their own.
Yes, thanks, I'm aware of that. Don't take it personally, just breakin' balls because I know there are quite a few on this forum that like Cremo. B&B is nothing but varying and opposite opinions on every aspect of shaving. And Cremo sucks is mine. ;)

I tried the coconut mango or whatever it was. From the tube, it smelled great (which is why I bought it). Upon rubbing it into my beard it smelled like an industrial cleaner. Scent was not pleasant. The real issue though is that it does not rinse clean and is very goo-like although I will admit it's slick. But a shaving product needs more than that and this didn't have it. I imagine those who like to rub oil on their face wouldn't mind this stuff but I absolutely hated it more than some of you hate Arko!

I never use pre-shave, certainly not the oil.

What I wonder though, is how the oil impacts the shaving soap. I know when my hands a re oily (like after I change the oil on my mower or car) regular hand soap sometimes can't break down the oil and it won't lather properly. It would seem that pre-shave oil would would negatively react with shaving soap, making it harder to lather.

...and I don't especially like the scent of Arko either.

I have over 200 soaps and creams in my collection. Of those, I consider only 10 of them to be worse than Cremo. I barely consider it passable. However, it is convenient for travel.

When mixed with the right amount of water, the slickness is incredible, as good as any soap available. I carry an inexpensive synthetic shaving brush, squeeze a little Cremo into one of the coffee cups from the hotel room, add a little hot water and whip up a proto-lather to apply to my face. It is certainly not up to my standards, but it is good enough to get the job done.

Cremo is certainly better than non-lathering creams. It is also better than some traditional shaving soaps.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
It's a good thing we have so many alternatives.

OKEYDOKEYy.jpg

I already had a fresh blade loaded in the Bullet Tip so thats what I used. I could have just as easily used the MMOC, possibly even easier.

Bullet Tip/PTFE 1
Brush: None.
Soap....
IMG_3130.JPG

Ad Astra

The Instigator
All such nonlathering goops are excellent for one thing: women leg-shavers. Lather rinses too easily, these things stick long enough for her to get the job done.

AA

Yes, thanks, I'm aware of that. Don't take it personally, just breakin' balls because I know there are quite a few on this forum that like Cremo. B&B is nothing but varying and opposite opinions on every aspect of shaving. And Cremo sucks is mine. ;)
No worries. I have long been on record as the most passionate Arko hater on B&B. 👍

I have over 200 soaps and creams in my collection. Of those, I consider only 10 of them to be worse than Cremo. I barely consider it passable. However, it is convenient for travel.

When mixed with the right amount of water, the slickness is incredible, as good as any soap available. I carry an inexpensive synthetic shaving brush, squeeze a little Cremo into one of the coffee cups from the hotel room, add a little hot water and whip up a proto-lather to apply to my face. It is certainly not up to my standards, but it is good enough to get the job done.

Cremo is certainly better than non-lathering creams. It is also better than some traditional shaving soaps.
I read this initially as you putting Cremo in your coffee. 🤢

Yeah, I don't really like my Cremo shaving cream, I would rather bring a brush with me on the road than have to use that. It's not that it's bad, I just don't really feel interested by it, it doesn't lather up and I like lathering and it's become a part of the whole process of shaving for me. I guess it would be okay in a pinch if you were pressed on time, but I can't honestly see myself reaching for it any time in the future.

Cremo's hair products also suck, but that's because I've been spoiled by the homebrewers who make much, much better products. Cremo's body wash, however, is very good. I recommend them. Their fragrances are good too, but they're mostly clones of other products that are considerably better, and which usually have much better lasting power.

I haven't tried cremo, but concept of mixing creams is just 🤮
If you don't like the cream, use some other cream, if you need to mix creams to work, something is wrong with cream
Or I can do exactly what I like and not worry about someone not approving.
Fact is a Bit of Cremo is great and creates a synergistic effect and makes any soap slicker

This guy loves it as well

I impulsively bought a tube at Target after checking that it could be returned if it didn't work well for me. What an absolutely awful product and impossible to rinse off one's face. If some of you like it, good on you but it is the worst shaving cream I've ever tried. I'd rather use Barbasol. I should know better - Never buy my shaving products at Target...

Oh, and because this is B&B, YMMV. :rolleyes: ;)
AMEN BROTHER!

I’ve never used Barbasol, but unless it’s light years better than other canned products, I’d have to respectfully disagree. Cremo is at least slick, and no canned product I’ve ever used can even remotely be described as slick.

Try mixing with water and you might have a different opinion altogether. In my experience, very few canned products can rival the performance of a good cream or soap used with a brush (although there are some for me). However, I’ve found that most canned products are good when water is added to slacken them up.

I'm glad I found this thread. I was tempted to try some Cremo. Once before I was tempted and was steered away from it to La Toja by my brick and mortar. Apparently it was good advice.

Hey! Don't diss Barbisol! It may not be any good for shaving, but it is the best for shaving cream fights with a bunch of kids! At Wally World one can usually get a can for under $1 and get enough for everyone and two for yourself. Great fun!

Top Bottom