What's new

Cracked it

I've been after a Every Ready Streamline set for a few weeks, but on all the cased examples that have come up on UK eBay I've been edged out in the bidding. Today however I won this - Streamline.

It went for around a third of the price the other sets reached, probably down to the crack in the lid, but it doesn't look all that serious.

Do you think that strop will still be usable, or will I need to find a replacement?

Try a little neatsfoot oil on the strop. That should bring it back to life. Don't bother stropping the blades. Most new ones are coated and you'll wind up shortening the blades life. Exactly the opposite of what you want.

You did great on this buy.

I've suspected on a few auctions that the other bidders are bakelite, rather than razor, collectors. Must admit tho that I'm rather partial to bakelite myself - I got a really nice red marbled case for my ER 1912, which I've spent this afternoon polishing with Greygate No 5 Polishing Paste - it's a fantastic looking material when You get it back to a high gloss.

Top Bottom