What's new

Counterfit blades and non believers

We've been aware of counterfeited D.E blades, for years, there's revelations here. However, I wasn't aware of fake Astra :-/

Every thread I've read about counterfeit blades seems to have doubters, hence the link I've posted. It would seem these are Flying Tiger blades and the Company is prepared to package them under any brand name the buyer wishes.

Who would have thought there would be much profit in counterfeit DE blades but apparently there just may be. Not surprising, I guess, considering all the counterfeit OEM parts that seem to originate out of China. OTH it would not be a problem if some importers did not knowingly bring them in. I mean after reading that you pretty much have to know what you are bringing in.

Bob

An importer actually verbally warned me about fake Astra SSes in plastic cases. Guess this is proof that she knew what she was talking about.

Am I right in calculating there are 10000 blades for $100 ???
That's what it looks like, but you have to buy a minimum 50ctn. That means you buy 500000 blades for $5000
That comes to 1 penny per blade. Not a bad price, anyone up for a bulk order? :tongue_sm

Last edited:
You also must pay for shipping cost from China to nearest seaport. The part they are not mentioning in the website is that the printing and packaging also cost an additional charge. And getting a shipping container for 500000 blades is a total waste. By the time you got them to a destination you would have 10x the cost of the blades in shipping. And then the matter of copyright and fraud if and when you get caught. Talk about some expensive blades!

I am was one of the doubters. This is terrifying. There have been rumors for years about fake Feathers, but those rumors have largely been debunked.

Or have they?:scared:

Fortunately, I have more than 10 years worth of blades already in my closet.

For some reason the Chinese have chosen the seldom seen Serbian MEM blades to counterfeit,why they picked such an obscure and not highly regarded blade to fake is a mystery to me...

Top Bottom