What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

Finally got the last of it all in, stones I picked up over the last month or so.

IMG_6231.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s my “collection”.

I picked up the small one from @Wid on the BST. I started learning and experimenting and finally thought I was ready for another one.
The larger Coti is from GSGs.

Both put on nice edges. I like how they are different. The smaller one is a bit faster and the bigger one seems a little finer.

Both are keepers and among my favorite hones to use.
IMG_2667.jpeg

New stone. Seller’s picture. I will take more when I get home. Any insights into the label? I found a picture of a similar one, but no name. The stone is stamped extra fine and has the same logo as the box

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 20
New stone. Seller’s picture. I will take more when I get home. Any insights into the label? I found a picture of a similar one, but no name. The stone is stamped extra fine and has the same logo as the box
I have one a little bit bigger with yellow label that was NOS with stamps…it’s a nice razor hone! I think you will be pleased! Congrats!

Hard to tell how it compares just yet, but here it is with my unmarked coti. The stamp was faint, but said Choice Razor Hones at one point. I’m sure the stamp is going to wash off, but I plan to use it. I’ll try to get better pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0065.jpeg
    IMG_0065.jpeg
    506.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
175 x 50 La Grosse Jaune (The Big Yellow) from yesterday's trip to Ardennes-Coticule. The stone feels very fine.

A childhood friend, his partner and I visited Ardennes-Coticule yesterday on an absolutely beautiful day. Rob took us on a tour of the quarry and workshop during which Rob generously shared a wealth of information about Coticules and the larger quarrying operation. Needless to say, I learned a lot. After I return home, I will post more pics with some explanations.

The visit was an absolute blast!

1715781657015.png

1715781811145.png

1715781880624.png

Bonus pic of Rob and me at the quarry.

1715781958059.png

175 x 50 La Grosse Jaune (The Big Yellow) from yesterday's trip to Ardennes-Coticule. The stone feels very fine.

A childhood friend, his partner and I visited Ardennes-Coticule yesterday on an absolutely beautiful day. Rob took us on a tour of the quarry and workshop during which Rob generously shared a wealth of information about Coticules and the larger quarrying operation. Needless to say, I learned a lot. After I return home, I will post more pics with some explanations.

View attachment 1846681

View attachment 1846689

View attachment 1846692

View attachment 1846694
That looks like a cherry of a stone! Congrats Frank, and safe travels!

Vr

Matt

View attachment 1846681

View attachment 1846689

View attachment 1846692

View attachment 1846694

Very nice Frank. Rob had said they would be mining that layer soon. Good to see and can’t wait to see what your thoughts are on this vein.

Top Bottom