What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

Look in the circle and squint.

Coticule face.jpg

This is yet another 2x4 Barber's size coticule that I've had for a long time. There is no label and no box, but from everything that I've been able to determine, it fits the description of Deep Rock, although I won't call it that.
I's a fair amount thicker and heavier that other coticules this size, it's got the "Made in Belgium" stamp and a number "48" stamped in the end. It's also a natural combo, although many Deep Rocks were not, so that is not a qualifier, but the myriad striations are.
The BBW side is like no other BBW I have... it looks grainy..
It's a nice stone, and does a great job in I put in the time finishing. It's not particularly hard, and quite slow. I don't favor a coticule this slow, but that's just because I'm a bit impatient. It pops my wife's very fine hair easily.
I like coticules even though they don't photograph well. To truly appreciate them, one must look at the surfaces from many different angles before they reveal their charms... this one, in particular...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

This is yet another 2x4 Barber's size coticule that I've had for a long time. There is no label and no box, but from everything that I've been able to determine, it fits the description of Deep Rock, although I won't call it that.
I's a fair amount thicker and heavier that other coticules this size, it's got the "Made in Belgium" stamp and a number "48" stamped in the end. It's also a natural combo, although many Deep Rocks were not, so that is not a qualifier, but the myriad striations are.
It's a nice stone, and does a great job in I put in the time finishing. It's not particularly hard, and quite slow. I don't favor a coticule this slow, but that's just because I'm a bit impatient. It pops my wife's very fine hair easily.
I like coticules even though they don't photograph well. To truly appreciate them, one must look at the surfaces from many different angles before they reveal their charms... this one, in particular...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Very nice. Love that size too. Wonder what the 48 means.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I wonder what the 48 means myself...

I was hoping someone here could shed more light, or mention if they had seen this before..
I had a deep rock with stamps like that and had the same stamps on the box, but I don’t recall the numbers. I’m sure it’s somewhere here in the coti thread. Best guess would be 2018-2019. I’ll see if I can find it later.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Looks like an old lpb to me. That blue line above the bbw is a pretty good indication. I bet that stone is amazing. I've got lpb slurry stones (only ones I used on coticules for the most part, sometimes LV) and slurry from both sides is VERY fast but still really fine once you've got it very diluted. I bet you're is a workhorse.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I don't watch too often anymore for myself, but I always enjoy seeing what others have gotten.. Please post some pics after it's cleaned up..

😳 Gotta see pics
It's nothing fancy, a 10 inch unglued stone with lines. The face looks coarse in some of the pics but in others looks smooth. I’m hoping it’s just bad pics or a little oxidation. Here’s a link

Giver her some love and attention @David . Bring her back. Wonder what else you could glue to the coti for fun and you could glue something else to the BBW.

Top Bottom