What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

Got a nice deal on this little glued coti. Seems to be glued to BBW rather than slate. Surface is on the softer side but very clean.

I got this with the intention to keep it in the kitchen for knives but there’s no escaping that 175x38mm is a nice razor size…

21AFD547-86E4-4107-89C7-0A9E3CB45E3B.jpeg
ED1D815F-B2AD-473F-BCFD-E891755D5A88.jpeg
B236B319-F120-48A7-9548-E9FDC57FED5C.jpeg

Attachments

• 1877BB91-7860-42E9-A55D-8C2D6ACBAD63.jpeg
    1877BB91-7860-42E9-A55D-8C2D6ACBAD63.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 12

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Beautiful stone, Tim. Congrats.

Congrats on your find! I live in North Florida and have been looking for years without a good find. Your a lucky man!!

Thank you gents very much

I am traveling on a working vacation so it was not in a N Florida Bacca Barn. You still have a opportunity for a score. Although I did score an excellent green hone with some bark on the back at a citrus packing house around Wauchula or Zolfo Springs years ago.

Thank you gents very much

I am traveling on a working vacation so it was not in a N Florida Bacca Barn. You still have a opportunity for a score. Although I did score an excellent green hone with some bark on the back at a citrus packing house around Wauchula or Zolfo Springs years ago.
If I ever find something thats worth mentioning I’ll surely mention it!
Enjoy your workation!

That’s a beautiful coticule, congrats
Thanks.
You should finish a razor on it and finish your honing with LOTS of slow, spine leading strokes with the lightest touch them strop a lot on something stiff and I bet you'll get a real nice shave. Is it hard or muddy when you slurry it?
It is 14-15mm of hard coticule you will not be making mud with this one. This one has a few options. Use a softer slurry stone to make slurry on it, use a hybrid stone on it and after a bit you will get a very light wisp of slurry that will cut steel fast. I also have a similar stone I could try on it.

I have decided that I want to try coticules, so I bought a natural combo 5x2.9x1 fairly standard looking one with a slurry stone off of eBay, and then I also decided to get a green hybrid coticule….
BE7D16BB-FD21-458F-98A4-880C638B87EE.jpeg

We’ll see how they do…I assume the yellow one will be arriving first…probably next week.

Top Bottom