What's new

Coronavirus delivery?

Dettol seems to kill it (ok was not tested on this specific corona string) so drown the package in that and pray the brush will survive dettol.

Just Media hype. The chances of you dying of the common cold is exactly the same, as has been pointed out by doctors.

Think about it: about 310 confirmed deaths in China - that's literally nothing in a country of a billion people. I bet the death rate by traffic accidents is higher for the same time span.

Enjoy our brush.

The problem with virus infections they do not behave linear but more exponential. Meaning on a global scale it is still nothing. But if growth accumulates you might be surprised what it does in a couple of weeks or months.

So on that level it is a threat and that is why countries close borders. Does it mean you need to worry nope not yet.

I opened a package that I do not know if it was shipped in Nov........, used gloves and discarded the packing... have another 10d of incubation period....... Thing is: virus should die in 1-2hr on surfaces....

I opened a package that I do not know if it was shipped in Nov........, used gloves and discarded the packing... have another 10d of incubation period....... Thing is: virus should die in 1-2hr on surfaces....

Actually the interesting thing about coronaviruses is that they have a thick lipid outer coating that allows them to survive on surfaces much longer than other viruses. However the lipids deteriorate moderate heat, which then allows the RNA to oxidize. This is why colds are more common in the winter time. If we can make it to the summer without this thing going exponential we should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
2019-nCoV Frequently Asked Questions and Answers | CDC - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html

Screenshot_2020-02-01 2019-nCoV Frequently Asked Questions and Answers CDC.png

Years ago (well,decades) I interned for a major bank where one of my duties was to open mail from international customers. Shortly after, I developed the nastiest infection on my face (watery blisters that itched constantly). Don’t discount what you can pick up from mail. Not to say it will happen but be cautious.

I'm sticking with synthetics.
Those come from China too...lol

Sent from my Vivo 8 using Tapatalk

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I can’t help but think that chances are pretty high we’ve all bought something recently that came from China after the ”outbreak” started. So many products come from China, it’s essentially unavoidable.

If you are worried about the brush wash it with an antibacterial soap for a few minutes before using it.

The last two I received from China in December were washed and lathered several times and finally dipped in oxiclean due to funkiness. Disinfected by accident I guess

Remove it with gloves, wipe the handle down with rubbing alcohol and give the knot a good dunking in a solution of warm water with vinegar. that should disinfect it.

Top Bottom