What's new

Conflicted on getting a SE Razor

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for all the input guys. I went ahead and ordered the ATT SE1.

I am pretty excited about seeing how it works out for me. Plan on sticking around here more though and learning from you guys.

The ATT SE1 is an excellent razor. Should provide you with a lifetime of great shaves.

I'm revisiting the RR Hawk V2, Occam's Razor and ATT SE1 using the Kai Mild PINK AC blades to see if they dial the razors in better than the Feather AC blades I was using.

They all worked well with the Feathers but were subsequently surpassed by the GEM style and Schick Injector razors I'm currently using.

Never can tell. ;)

Slightly off-topic. Is there a section or sub-forum dedicated to shaving prep? I see individual sections for Soaps, Creams, etc. but not sure if there is something specific to general shaving prep.

If you like the SE1 even if just on subsequent passes after the first pass (or on the shaves when you don't have a lot of growth to start), you might think of picking up an SE2 base plate for tackling many days growth.

I have heard that OC helps for long growth, but I wouldn't know. . . I shave 8 or 9 times a week. You might really like shaving more if you were tackling less growth. I often just go one quick against the grain pass on the days I shave twice.

I just realized the RR Hawk V3 comes in an open comb plate. Sorry for not realizing until after you bought.

If you like the SE1 even if just on subsequent passes after the first pass (or on the shaves when you don't have a lot of growth to start), you might think of picking up an SE2 base plate for tackling many days growth.

I have heard that OC helps for long growth, but I wouldn't know. . . I shave 8 or 9 times a week. You might really like shaving more if you were tackling less growth. I often just go one quick against the grain pass on the days I shave twice.

I just realized the RR Hawk V3 comes in an open comb plate. Sorry for not realizing until after you bought.
The SE2 base plate does seem affordable so if the SE1 does work out, I will be more than happy to give it a go.

Top Bottom