What's new

Complete Set - PIF

I’ve been doing some house cleaning and have some items I’d like to offer up here for my first B&B PIF. I will give a brief description of each item as well as why I’m no longer using it myself. This could be a starter set for someone, but feel free to enter even if you've been at this along time and you're just interested in trying some new products, since we all know that's fun to do.

Rules:
1) Open to anyone who’s joined B&B prior to January 1, 2017 and has at least 20 quality posts.

2) Reply stating “I’m in”.

3) State your favorite shaving soap and/or cream (As of today, I'd say mine is Cella)

4) Shipped CONUS only.

PIF will be closed the evening of Wednesday, February 1, 2017, at which point the winner will be chosen at random. I don't know the exact hour the PIF will end that evening (sometime in the 6 - 9 pm CST timeframe), but I'll make a post stating when it's closed.

Good luck to all those that enter.

Items included...

RazoRock DE1 Razor
I bought this a couple weeks ago since I was curious to see how good a $7 razor could be and now that I’ve scratched that itch, it’s time to move it along to a new home. The QC could be a bit better since it came with some slight blistering of the plating under the top cap, but overall it looks pretty nice and shaves good, too. Not good enough for me to keep it, but it’s definitely a solid choice for anyone wanting a decent razor at minimal cost. I’ve used it two times, once with the OEM handle and once with my Weber handle (no, the Weber is not included in this PIF). The OEM handle isn’t bad, but can be a bit slippery if your hands are wet.

Kent Infinity Silvertex Synthetic Brush
I’ll be honest, I don’t like this brush, but maybe you will, especially if you like scritchy brushes. It’s been used about 10 times, and yes, the printing has already started to come off with that little use. I’ve had a Kent Silvertex for the past couple years and it’s my favorite synthetic brush that I’ve ever used, so I bought this one to have as a spare. It’s quite a bit different from my original one, so it’s not one I want to keep. Where my first one is very soft feeling with a fair amount of backbone, this one is pretty scritchy and has a lot of backbone. It feels to me like a new boar brush that has not been broken in at all.

Personna Lab Blue Blades (50 Blades)
This is probably my second favorite blade (Personna Israeli Reds are my favorite). I don’t use them anymore because blades are cheap and life’s too short to not use your favorite all the time.

Italian Barber Primavera Soap
This is a good performing soap, but I just don’t find myself using it since I have my "go to" favorites. It has been used about 6 times. It has a mild scent that comes across as very refreshing and clean (seems to have a hint of citrus to me).

Pinaud Clubman Jumbo Styptic Pencil
I’d like to start by saying that this has NEVER BEEN USED. I wanted to get that out of the way since getting a used styptic pencil would be pretty gross. After receiving it, I took it out of the original sealed wrapper just for easier storage. I had added this to a bigger order so that I could get free shipping, but I already have enough styptic pencils to last me probably 15 years, so I don’t need this one, too.

proxy.php

Very nice PIF. Not in, as it seems like a good start for someone just getting into wet shaving (although any PIF with a soap is really tempting). Very generous.

Sent via mobile - Chris

I'm in.

Still building and refining. Not so much interest in the razor (future PIF), but always interested in soaps, brushes, and blades.

Very nice offer. Not in, but favorite soap has to be a three or four way tie... MdC fougere, sudsy soapery citrus and bay and CRSW Barbeire sapone. Honorable mention SV felce aromatica.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Excellent generosity! Not in, though. My favorite soap is one that I got on the Bay: an old Avon body soap that came in a kit with some vintage Tai Winds. Still has a slight smell of the Islands, lol. Too big for a mug, so I just shave some off the bar.

I'm in.

Still building and refining. Not so much interest in the razor (future PIF), but always interested in soaps, brushes, and blades.

Forgot to mention...favorite current soap is still VDH Deluxe. I still haven't decided how I feel about Proraso Green.

Not in. So far, I'm still enjoying Arko and Williams.

I think this is great. Someone will be lucky to get a full starter set of reasonably good merchandise. (I'm anti blue, I don't think they're as good as claimed). Once the rest of my orders come in, I'll be able to do something similar.

Top Bottom