What's new

Coming Soon -The Asylum Injector

I am excited to announce that we will soon be releasing a smaller head version of the Asylum Rx that takes standard injector blades. The razor will be made out of 316L stainless steel. Weighing in at 99g (unloaded) it is lighter and more nimble than the artist club version of the Rx. I just wanted to show a few comparison shots of the two razors so you can have some perspective.

Like the Asylum Rx, this is a three piece razor with a tongue and groove design for loading the blades. If everything goes smoothly, we should have the production razors in early July.

Comparison-2.jpg
Comparison-1.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
It is one of the nicest looking razors out there, should look at making it adjustable with different front head plates because every one is different and want different aggressions.
Lots of razor manufactures have different variants of plates for efficiency's and aggression it seems so they reach a wider appeal I have noticed.
All the best in great looking razor!

It is one of the nicest looking razors out there, should look at making it adjustable with different front head plates because every one is different and want different aggressions.
Lots of razor manufactures have different variants of plates for efficiency's and aggression it seems so they reach a wider appeal I have noticed.
All the best in great looking razor!
Thank you. It's something to consider for the future. With the design, it may not be feasible.

My preferences are usually in the minority, and should be taken with a grain of salt. I also have absolutely no experience with the modern injectors except for the Parker adjustable.

My primary reason for using an injector is the rigid single blade and the comfort/high efficiency it provides. Secondary, but appreciated, is the simplicity of injecting a blade and not having to fiddle with plates and assembly.

My preferences are usually in the minority, and should be taken with a grain of salt. I also have absolutely no experience with the modern injectors except for the Parker adjustable.

My primary reason for using an injector is the rigid single blade and the comfort/high efficiency it provides. Secondary, but appreciated, is the simplicity of injecting a blade and not having to fiddle with plates and assembly.
I really like the rigid blade as well. This model is actually a three piece razor with the same general design as the Asylum Rx. The head and baseplate fit together via a tongue and groove design. So, you do not actually inject the blade. I really like the Schick B20 blades in the razor but, all injector blades fit.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I really like the rigid blade as well. This model is actually a three piece razor with the same general design as the Asylum Rx. The head and baseplate fit together via a tongue and groove design. So, you do not actually inject the blade. I really like the Schick B20 blades in the razor but, all injector blades fit.
So if a person owns a injector Asylum and wanted to just to give it a good rinse by just loosening a little the blade tension with the handle would it be similar to the Schick Hydro-magic design of a quick clean. I like that feature on some of my Schick Hydro magic injector razors (it allows the water to rinse both sides of the blade). It allows the person from disassembling the razor head to give the blade chamber a rinsing.

Last edited:
So if a person owns a injector Asylum and wanted to just to give it a good rinse by just loosening a little the blade tension with the handle would it be similar to the Schick Hydro-magic design of a quick clean. I like that feature on some of my Schick Hydro magic injector razors (it allows the water to rinse both sides of the blade). It allows the person from disassembling the razor head to give the blade chamber a rinsing.
Yes, you can loosen the handle to give it a quick rinse without removing the blade. In fact, with some practice, you can drop a blade into the razor by just loosening the handle.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
My apologies in advance, I'm a bit confused. What type of blade is used and how is the blade placed in the razor if you do not actually inject the blade? I had initially thought this was an injector type which would use the injector type blades that many of us are familiar with.
218.jpeg

My apologies in advance, I'm a bit confused. What type of blade is used and how is the blade placed in the razor if you do not actually inject the blade? I had initially thought this was an injector type which would use the injector type blades that many of us are familiar with.
View attachment 1471281
It takes standard injector blades and you load the blade just like you would load a blade for the Asylum Rx artist club razor. My preferred blade for this razor is the Schick B-20 blade. I'll try and make a video to demonstrate.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It takes standard injector blades and you load the blade just like you would load a blade for the Asylum Rx artist club razor. My preferred blade for this razor is the Schick B-20 blade. I'll try and make a video to demonstrate.
Thank you on behalf of the easily confused! :lol1:

Top Bottom