What's new

Asylum Injector Razor Mini-review

I did get that stand and it is usable, but far from perfect.
20220719_150008.jpg

Correct, the Asylum injector blade razor ships with a cartridge of Schick Proline B-20 blades. The AC ones are Proline P-30s.
I tried the Proline B-20 in the Asylum when I received it and found that I prefer the sChick blades I get on Amazon better. I will retry the B-20s later. But given the manner in which the Asylum loads the injector blade, you don't need the injector key.

I have read that some guys take an empty injector cartridge and carefully load B-20 blades into it so that they can then inject the B-20 into a Schick injector razor. Given my great manual dexterity, I am sure I'd need a trip to the Emergency Room if I tried that!
At first, I was skeptical about loading Proline B20 blades into an empty injector cartridge, but I turned out to be easy enough. I alternate between using my fingers and a mitten clamp to secure and manipulate the blades, but a needle nose pliers could probably work in place of the mitten clamp. The other necessary "tool" is something to depress the blades so they can slide underneath the the cartridge catch during insertion.

Shifting gears back to the Asylum Injector (AI). ... I am two shaves in on an my AI. More often than not, I prefer B20s over made in China Schicks (MOCs), so I went with a B20 on shave #1. An MOC got the nod for shave #2, and like Eric, my preference is for the MOC. That said, my preference is only tentative at this point.

Top Bottom