What's new

Colonial General SS

Bringing this one back from a bit of a slumber.....

Wanted to get in a good and quick shave and was about to bring out the Vector when out of the corner of my eye I saw the SS General partially showing a part of the razor head. It was behind a couple of other razors and it has been neglected for some time. I put the Vector back and grabbed the General. Nice, efficient and comfortable shave. Almost forgot how good of a razor the SS Gen. is. Paired with a Feather Pro and it was a 2 pass affair with some minor buffing on the chin and a quick clean up on Sir Adam. No, it’s not as manueverable as the Vector and it has a bit more weight but, that does not bother me at all. It shaves just as good as any other se razor out there today. When it was available it was an excellent value and truly punches way above it’s weight in terms of shave quality that it provides. Just a real good razor, period.

C5CB9D3A-4D4A-492E-9A24-7FCFD98ED07F.jpeg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
GeneralPolished2.640.Cropped.JPG

It is a really good razor. Period.

8-26-18.Hawk.SV.Fern.Manchurian.640.JPG

My General's off on an extended road trip. Since it left, missing the AC platform, I bought another AC razor. I might like it better but I've not done a head to head comparison. The Hawk is also a really good razor, not that they're available. Mine was a good deal, and, if memory serves, sold as new or mint on the BST. New I think. RR nailed this one.

The ATT versions are also very good. The AC platform rocks!

Happy shaves,

Jim

View attachment 978130

View attachment 978129

My General's off on an extended road trip. Since it left, missing the AC platform, I bought another AC razor. I might like it better but I've not done a head to head comparison. The Hawk is also a really good razor, not that they're available. Mine was a good deal, and, if memory serves, sold as new or mint on the BST. New I think. RR nailed this one.

The ATT versions are also very good. The AC platform rocks!

Happy shaves,

Jim

The Hawk is an excellent performer as well. But, I definitely prefer the Hawk with a Feather pro Super. It really brings out the best of the RR Hawk......

View attachment 978130

View attachment 978129

The Hawk is also a really good razor, not that they're available. Mine was a good deal, and, if memory serves, sold as new or mint on the BST. New I think. RR nailed this one.
Just to clarify - it's the Stainless Steel Hawk that's unavailable (and has been for some time). The aluminum version is readily available in several colors. I have one of those and periodically check back with Italian Barber to see if the Stainless Steel version is back. So far no luck.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Just to clarify - it's the Stainless Steel Hawk that's unavailable (and has been for some time). The aluminum version is readily available in several colors. I have one of those and periodically check back with Italian Barber to see if the Stainless Steel version is back. So far no luck.

Fingers crossed for you, sir.

Top Bottom