What's new

Colonial General SS

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Unfortunately, there's a lot of people stuck in the Matrix! Just like in the movie, there were some that got out and wanted back in! We can only free those who want to be freed.

red_pill_blue_pill-copy3.gif

I pounced on that red pill like an angry tiger, and I'm glad I did.

I keep going back to DE blades being ~.006" thick. If they were would we need SE blades, I have my doubts.

Thats a niche market that would flip the DE shaving world on its head.

It would take one company to make a sharp .006" thick blade. First one to get that right makes all the money... Like Schick Proline for instance, I wonder how much money they took from Feather and Kai.

I have the answer, a razor that takes AC blades on both sides, like an oversized DE made from a light metal.
Just joking, it’s an idea just not a good one.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Anyone know how long that ATT sale going for?

Huge 50% off Sale of ATT razors!
Buy now! Supplies will not last long!
We have never had a sale like this before, don't miss it.
Sale covers all Atlas and Kronos Razors, matte finished caps, plates and stands. Sale good while supplies last, all sales final.
Use Discount code SHAVE50 at check out.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
It would take one company to make a sharp .006" thick blade. First one to get that right makes all the money... Like Schick Proline for instance, I wonder how much money they took from Feather and Kai.

I dont think we'll generate enough interest haha.

Thats a shame. Someone needs to tell them,

View attachment 929794

SE is my future, but I'm not in the business of selling razors lol.

View attachment 929795
Limited supply, and you won't see these razors this cheap ever again. You get the SS version for the price of the Calypso. That's a steal. You've been eyeing those for the better part of six months, maybe even a year now. I think you'll be very impressed, and that you may end up regretting not pulling the trigger while you have the chance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Limited supply, and you won't see these razors this cheap ever again. You get the SS version for the price of the Calypso. That's a steal. You've been eyeing those for the better part of six months, maybe even a year now. I think you'll be very impressed, and that you may end up regretting not pulling the trigger while you have the chance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm an enabler remember, so I'm not easily enabled lol.

I'm really pretty content, more than content, with my MMOC.

This morning's shave was with the SS General w/ a Proline loaded in it. It was the usual 3 pass greatness I've grown to expect from it and still I wonder every time I use it why I don't use it more often? It shaves almost identical to the Ti Timeless .95 SB and the shave lasts just as long but yet its only used a couple times a month!! This must change!!

I like mine a lot too, gives me a closer shave than the Paradigm SE with the same blades. I haven’t tried a pro super in either but I love the shaves I get from my SS General. This was the only razor I loved that I didn’t grab an extra when they were 65 or 50 dollars. Then the price hike happened but I still believe the razor is worth a 100 bucks and then it was discontinued. I’ll never sell mine thats for sure. This was the first razor that gave me a true pass the cotton ball test BBS and had no irritation or feedback from the aftershave.

I like mine a lot too, gives me a closer shave than the Paradigm SE with the same blades. I haven’t tried a pro super in either but I love the shaves I get from my SS General. This was the only razor I loved that I didn’t grab an extra when they were 65 or 50 dollars. Then the price hike happened but I still believe the razor is worth a 100 bucks and then it was discontinued. I’ll never sell mine thats for sure. This was the first razor that gave me a true pass the cotton ball test BBS and had no irritation or feedback from the aftershave.
I think the original price tag was $59.99 when it went live. They originally said it would be $49.99 but went up just prior to release. I think it will be very hard to part with mine but never say never!!

Still wish they’d at least put the aluminum back out to market...some of us will never be able to partake of this great razor. :07:

I sold my aluminum version after just 1 shave with the stainless version because the level of efficiency was that much higher... Not that the shave from the aluminum version was bad, the stainless was just night / day difference to me.

@GearNoir Why not put a WTB in the BST for an aluminum version. I think you'd for sure be able to snatch one up from someone...

I sold my aluminum version after just 1 shave with the stainless version because the level of efficiency was that much higher... Not that the shave from the aluminum version was bad, the stainless was just night / day difference to me.

@GearNoir Why not put a WTB in the BST for an aluminum version. I think you'd for sure be able to snatch one up from someone...

I’m sure I’ll try eventually, when I’m able. It just seems to have been popular enough with enough clamor for more, for them to continue at least one form of its production.

I think the original price tag was $59.99 when it went live. They originally said it would be $49.99 but went up just prior to release. I think it will be very hard to part with mine but never say never!!
I just remember around $50 with a smooth handle and $65 with a handle with knurling the first time the SS went on sale and 65$ the second time only offered with the knurled handle. My memory is pretty terrible though. Lol

Top Bottom