What's new

Colonial General SS

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Can't believe its been 3 months since anyone's posted in this thread but I just received and update of sorts from Kyle @Colonial Razors and it is looking like the V2 SS General may be something that won't make it to see the light of day and have turned their focus right now to release their 1st DE around Jan 2019... They think the future of shaving is in the DE platform and thus what they are focusing on for now.

I would think they'll make a good DE razor. Interesting.

Happy shaves,

Jim

A real shame but it means I will probably never sell mine.
+1.

My General is one of my favorite razors, so glad I gave it another dozen chances and didn't sell it off with all my DEs.

I personally think that AC is the future, but I understand how many people used DEs is staggeringly more than those that use AC razors. They have to make a profit after all

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

A real shame but it means I will probably never sell mine.
The SS General was my only AC razor until I bought the Paradigm SE. I always was happy with the shave and will be really interested in the DE razor but I have already found what I like. I wonder if the Blackland Vector and the Paradigm SE made them go back to the drawing board.

It would be a big shame if the General did not make a return. It’s been on my wanted list since seeing the Brass in action. It would be nice if they at least kept a stock of v1 SS or Aluminum on hand.

I like the Vector, but at its price...I dunno.

It would be a big shame if the General did not make a return. It’s been on my wanted list since seeing the Brass in action. It would be nice if they at least kept a stock of v1 SS or Aluminum on hand.

The ATT SE1 is half price for Black Friday. SHAVE50 is the code...

I wonder if the Blackland Vector and the Paradigm SE made them go back to the drawing board.

I shaved with my SS General 2 days ago and had an outstanding shave as usual with it. Very close to my Ti Timeless .95 SB in comparison but the Timeless just shaved closer and more comfortable... I might shave with the General maybe once a month because the Timeless is just that good that I hate to not use it for every shave!!

I'm not sure but I kind of get the idea from my conversation with Kirk that they are stumped as to how to make the General any better a shave at this time and that may have something to do with Blackland and Paradigm covering the Titanium side and slimmed down version of a head design. He was very adamant that DE was the future of shaving as far as Colonial was concerned and I even got the feeling that there is more than 1 DE in the works over there...

The ATT SE1 is half price for Black Friday. SHAVE50 is the code...

I shaved with my SS General 2 days ago and had an outstanding shave as usual with it. Very close to my Ti Timeless .95 SB in comparison but the Timeless just shaved closer and more comfortable... I might shave with the General maybe once a month because the Timeless is just that good that I hate to not use it for every shave!!

I'm not sure but I kind of get the idea from my conversation with Kirk that they are stumped as to how to make the General any better a shave at this time and that may have something to do with Blackland and Paradigm covering the Titanium side and slimmed down version of a head design. He was very adamant that DE was the future of shaving as far as Colonial was concerned and I even got the feeling that there is more than 1 DE in the works over there...

I’ve got my DE shaves well covered with my RR Game Changer. Granted it doesn’t have quite the level of artistry the Timeless or similar has, but with such a smooth, effortless, daily BBS I don’t feel the pull to spend so much just now.

On the SE side, I’ve got an alumi-Hawk v2 on the way, but if the General popped back up at any time, I’d feel as if I had just settled if I bough any of the other higher artisan razors.

but if the General popped back up at any time, I’d feel as if I had just settled if I bough any of the other higher artisan razors.

At half price with a 30 day return policy, you will not be settling with the SE1! Both are fine razors, I sold my General, found the SE1 to suit me better.

I did pick up a second SE1 at half price. I was going to buy a cap for my SE2 baseplate, but bought the entire razor because it was on sale.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The SS General, the ATT SE1, the SS DLC Hawk. All are excellent razors when used properly.

Captain of the Design (meme).jpg

Properly does not mean shallow. Cap riding doesn't work. Design angle (neutral angel) or steeper and these are excellent razors!

Happy shaves,

Jim

At half price with a 30 day return policy, you will not be settling with the SE1! Both are fine razors, I sold my General, found the SE1 to suit me better.

I did pick up a second SE1 at half price. I was going to buy a cap for my SE2 baseplate, but bought the entire razor because it was on sale.
@GearNoir

hes-right-you-know-32644960.jpeg

The General in SS went up to $99 with the re-release in early 2018. I got mine in late 2017 when it was first released and underpriced at $50. You really aren't settling at $92.50 for the ATT. I haven't used it myself, but I believe those who have used it. And it is unanimously one of the best AC razors. It is always in the conversation for it. The head design is similar to the General, but any comparison I've read says the SE1 is slightly more efficient. If I didn't have the General, and didn't have some extreme expenses coming up in the next two weeks, I'd be all over this deal.

Don't get me wrong, I love my General. But I wouldn't pass over this ATT deal that gets one of the most consistent and best shaving AC razors into your hands. It's unlikely the General will ever be back in SS, so this is the best chance to get a comparable or better razor for the same price.

@GearNoir

View attachment 929769

The General in SS went up to $99 with the re-release in early 2018. I got mine in late 2017 when it was first released and underpriced at $50. You really aren't settling at $92.50 for the ATT. I haven't used it myself, but I believe those who have used it. And it is unanimously one of the best AC razors. It is always in the conversation for it. The head design is similar to the General, but any comparison I've read says the SE1 is slightly more efficient. If I didn't have the General, and didn't have some extreme expenses coming up in the next two weeks, I'd be all over this deal.

Don't get me wrong, I love my General. But I wouldn't pass over this ATT deal that gets one of the most consistent and best shaving AC razors into your hands. It's unlikely the General will ever be back in SS, so this is the best chance to get a comparable or better razor for the same price.

For $129 you get the stainless steel SE1 and SE2 baseplate, one cap and one handle. You simply can't beat that.

Does the SE1 have perfect alignment everytime? I bought a used one awhile back and I believe it was from the very first batch since the blade post were very tight. I read everything is good but want to make sure.

Does the SE1 have perfect alignment everytime? I bought a used one awhile back and I believe it was from the very first batch since the blade post were very tight. I read everything is good but want to make sure.

I only use Schick Proline blades and they fit perfectly!

Freaking RAD, I’m going broke and I can’t buy self control.:001_rolle
I cured my RAD in two ways: a small collection of injectors and forcing myself to use each of them for at least a week. I started curing it by asking myself "how many razors have you used less than 7 times?" The answer to that was way too many. So I worked through nearly every razor I had at that point to as many shaves as I could tolerate on each. A few of the DEs I had recently acquired then have less than five shaves each but I couldn't get a good shave with them. I found that going through the injectors I already had was sufficient for me to get some excellent shaves. I rediscovered my AC razors then (SS General and V2 Hawk) and haven't looked at any new razors except the RR Game Changer. Maybe I'll get one of those eventually, but my last DE shaves showed me the weaknesses of DE blades (holy flexing blade Batman!). I don't know that this will cure your RAD, but it certainly cured mine. Hope some part of it is helpful for you.

Thats a shame. Someone needs to tell them,

635884024614501079-395656207_giphy-gif.929794

SE is my future, but I'm not in the business of selling razors lol.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of people stuck in the Matrix! Just like in the movie, there were some that got out and wanted back in! We can only free those who want to be freed.

Top Bottom