What's new

Cologne for Hot Summers?

I usually go with Caswell-Massey No. 6. Which reminds me, I need to order another bottle now that warm weather is arriving.

Guerlain Vetiver and Terre d'Hermes are my go-to hot weather scents, with a little Cool Water for variety.

I'd wear them in cold conditions too, but then I'm into so many things I like that just don't cut it in the heat. Habit Rouge, Heritage, Bulgari Black, for instance. Some may be able to pull these off in summer - they make me want to pass out.

Guerlain Vetiver and Terre d'Hermes are my go-to hot weather scents, with a little Cool Water for variety.

I'd wear them in cold conditions too, but then I'm into so many things I like that just don't cut it in the heat. Habit Rouge, Heritage, Bulgari Black, for instance. Some may be able to pull these off in summer - they make me want to pass out.

I find Guerlain Vetiver and Terre d' Hermes a little sweet for me.

I agree that Bulgari Black is not good for summer use and why I only wear it during the fall and winter.

I decided to order a 1ml 5 scent Creed sampler today from the Perfumed Court. Here's what I choose:

1. Bois du Portugal
2. Green Valley
3. Neroli Sauvage
4. Royal Scottish Lavender
5. Tabarome Millesime

I also ordered a 1.5ml sample of:
1. Penhaligon's Anthology Extract of Limes;
2. Penhaligon's Anthology Eau de Verveine; and
3. Penhaligon's Duro (Lords).

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I decided to order a 1ml 5 scent Creed sampler today from the Perfumed Court. Here's what I choose:

1. Bois du Portugal
2. Green Valley
3. Neroli Sauvage
5. Tabarome Millesime

Thoughts?

Looks like an awesome sampler to me. You'll fall in love with the Penhaligon's Extract of Limes.

1. Bois du Portugal
2. Green Valley
3. Neroli Sauvage
5. Tabarome Millesime

Thoughts?

And I added a 1ml vial of Creed Windsor so that I'm not buying blind for the Windsor Split at the top of the page.

Im a big fan of Creed Silver mountain water for summer wear. However I just have a small frag from the perfumed court. I really want to purchase a bottle but its a little expensive.:sneaky2:

Mugler Cologne; a clean soapy scent without the familiar, popular aquatic aspect. One of my favorites, perfect for hot weather.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120382.html

proxy.php

I love this one too. Sometimes I put it on after a shower and a shave just because it smells clean.

1. Bois du Portugal
2. Green Valley
3. Neroli Sauvage
5. Tabarome Millesime

Thoughts?

Thoughts:

Bois du Portugal - I think this would be a bit heavy for summer, but YMMV. Please, please, please be careful not to over-apply it. I did that once and it morphed from very nice to quite off-putting. It dries down very differently from the initial blast out of the bottle.

Green Valley - I'm interested in hearing about that when you get it.

Pen's Extract of Limes: I had a sample of this and think it's very nice. The longevity wasn't great on me, but that may be a problem with most lime colognes.

Pen's Eau de Verveine - I also had a sample of this, and didn't care for it. There's some note in there that was just "off" for me. It might have been the "soft metallics" Pen's describes.

Douro/Lords - I think this is one of Pen's better scents.

Im a big fan of Creed Silver mountain water for summer wear. However I just have a small frag from the perfumed court. I really want to purchase a bottle but its a little expensive.:sneaky2:

I like SMW a lot. The longevity wasn't great on me, however, so I can't really justify buying any more.

B

bluefoxicy

Hi all,

Can I please get some recommendations for a cologne suitable for a hot summer in Perth Western Australia?

Something quite masculine please.

Please explain the question.

I've taken to Dragon's Blood by Mama Bear's, but I wear that as evening wear when the weather's calmed down 20-30 degrees and the sun has gone away.

I'm going to be experimenting with light floral, spicy stuff, citrus and the like as well. I guess these will be less offensive to the senses than warm and open incense, vanilla, and heady rose when it's already humid and muggy; but I actually find those warming tones quite nice in the warm summer night air.

Perhaps I should examine this and put it in my book....

Thoughts:

Green Valley - I'm interested in hearing about that when you get it.

Pen's Extract of Limes: I had a sample of this and think it's very nice. The longevity wasn't great on me, but that may be a problem with most lime colognes.

Douro/Lords - I think this is one of Pen's better scents.

I am really, really looking forward to giving these a try! :biggrin1:

I think Green Irish Tweed and CK Free are great summer scents.

A lot of people complain about the projection/sillage of CK Free, but it REALLY projects in warm weather or when you sweat. It's also cooling, like it's mentholated (if that's a word).

Just throwing in my $.02 for Terre D'Hermes:

In cold weather, this stuff reeks on my skin, and never gets past a sour grapefruit note. On the other hand, in warm weather, it smells like pepper, pine sap, and sweet orange. Great daytime scent IMO, with very good staying power.

Top Bottom