What's new

Cologne for Hot Summers?

I decided to order a 1ml 5 scent Creed sampler today from the Perfumed Court. Here's what I choose:

1. Bois du Portugal
2. Green Valley
3. Neroli Sauvage
4. Royal Scottish Lavender
5. Tabarome Millesime

I also ordered a 1.5ml sample of:
1. Penhaligon's Anthology Extract of Limes;
2. Penhaligon's Anthology Eau de Verveine; and
3. Penhaligon's Duro (Lords).

Received my decants from the perfumed court yesterday and today I wore Creed Royal Scottish Lavender. I hate to say I was surprised because I know that Creed makes quality products. The scent opened with a nice fresh lavender with a hint of citrus and after a couple hours it seemed to have kind of a smokey/clove note. I was most surprised by the longevity of the cologne. After 8 hours, there's still a faint scent which is incredible considering how little I used. Lasted longer than both SMN Imperial Lavender and C&S Oxford and Cambridge. This may be the lavender fragrance that I've been hoping to find.

Tried Penhaligon's Extract of Limes this morning and after applying more than an ample amount, 2 hours later I can no longer smell it...notta...not even the slightest hint of a lime scent. I'm more than disappointed!! :angry:

Ratings so far:

1. Creed's Royal Scottish Lavender
8. Penhaligon's Anthology Extract of Limes

Last edited:
Ahem, it's been over 24 hours and there are several blanks to fill in!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=angi1vwUkQc[/YOUTUBE]

:biggrin1:

Visiting family in Texas and since all I do when in God's country is play with the dogs and eat brisket, I wouldn't be able to smell EdT over dog and brisket.

Visiting family in Texas and since all I do when in God's country is play with the dogs and eat brisket, I wouldn't be able to smell EdT over dog and brisket.

Well, it's hard to argue with brisket! :thumbup:

Moving along, I tried a sample of Creed Erolfa recently. I'm not sure I'd drop Creed-level dollars on it, but it seems like it would be a very nice summer scent.

(Why do I keep trying Creed? I guess I have a secret desire to be treated disdainfully by pseudo-aristocrats. :biggrin1:)

I decided to order a 1ml 5 scent Creed sampler today from the Perfumed Court. Here's what I choose:

1. Bois du Portugal
2. Green Valley
3. Neroli Sauvage
4. Royal Scottish Lavender
5. Tabarome Millesime

I also ordered a 1.5ml sample of:
1. Penhaligon's Anthology Extract of Limes;
2. Penhaligon's Anthology Eau de Verveine; and
3. Penhaligon's Duro (Lords).

Thoughts?

Alright...its been several days but I have a few more scents under my belt.

2. Creed's Green Valley
3. Bois du Portugal
7. Tabarome Millesime

On Monday and Tuesday, I wore Creed's Green Valley and I really enjoyed it. Its more casual and smells like an early morning tee time at your favorite golf course...very light but extremely pleasant.

I wore Bois du Portugal on Wednesday and Thursday and it reminded me of spiced Rum.

Today, I'm wearing Tabarome Millesime and the juries still out but I'm not a fan so far.

Last edited:
Tried Penhaligon's Extract of Limes this morning and after applying more than an ample amount, 2 hours later I can no longer smell it...notta...not even the slightest hint of a lime scent. I'm more than disappointed!! :angry:

Ratings so far:

So you're gonna dis the Penhaligon's Limes just because it doesn't last long? All lime scents are short-lived! The thing is, that fragrance is pure bliss for about 45 minutes to an hour, which is enough for me.

If you have any extra that you don't want to use up because of the longevity issue, feel free to send it to me. :thumbup1:

So you're gonna dis the Penhaligon's Limes just because it doesn't last long? All lime scents are short-lived! The thing is, that fragrance is pure bliss for about 45 minutes to an hour, which is enough for me.

Your right, its very blissful for about 45 minutes to an hour but I can think of better ways to spend $130 and receive an hour of bliss! :lol:

If you have any extra that you don't want to use up because of the longevity issue, feel free to send it to me. :thumbup1:

I have a small package of stuff for you that I'll send once I can go through all these frags. :thumbup1:

So you're gonna dis the Penhaligon's Limes just because it doesn't last long? All lime scents are short-lived! The thing is, that fragrance is pure bliss for about 45 minutes to an hour, which is enough for me.:thumbup1:
Honestly, the only thing memorable about the scent is that it didn't last long. I'll give it another try tomorrow, I'm wearing Green Valley again today. I really like it.

New Ranking Chart. I tried Penhaligons Duro, not a nice fragrance on me, very musky!

2. Creed's Green Valley
3. Bois du Portugal
6. Penhaligon's Anthology Extract of Limes
7. Tabarome Millesime
8. Penhaligon's Duro (Lords)

Mugler Cologne is too much fun not to wear during the spring and summer time. it's fantastic!

Also, i'd be interested in how folks feel about "Sport" frags during the summertime. I have a natural tendency to stay away from them (maybe because the marketing is so horrific) but, after persuing some warmer weather scents, it seems they should go hand in hand.

Last edited:
Bought C&S Oxford and Cambridge today from Cambridge Chemists Received the B&B 10% discount, free shipping and excellent service from Scott.

Cool! This is one I definitely want at least a large decant of, eventually.

So Cambridge is not actually out of stock of this one, as its web site says it is!

About $112 altogether, I take it. I have no idea why Lucky Scent sells this one for $185 plus $7.95 ground shipping for a total of $192.95, as I read its site! I think you can order it directly from C&S in London and have it shipped to the States for way less than that.

Cambridge and Scott are great!

Cool! This is one I definitely want at least a large decant of, eventually.

So Cambridge is not actually out of stock of this one, as its web site says it is!

About $112 altogether, I take it. I have no idea why Lucky Scent sells this one for $185 plus $7.95 ground shipping for a total of $192.95, as I read its site! I think you can order it directly from C&S in London and have it shipped to the States for way less than that.

Cambridge and Scott are great!

$103.50 to be exact...Cambridge is not out of stock and I mentioned to Scott that the website indicates that he is out of stock.

Much better than London's Bathecary and no sales tax!

$103.50 to be exact...Cambridge is not out of stock and I mentioned to Scott that the website indicates that he is out of stock.

Much better than London's Bathecary and no sales tax!

So O&C is also mispriced on the Cambridge web site and in fact, as an edt, sell sells for the same price as, say, 88 and C&S Neroli, $115, not $8 more expensive at $123!

At least London Bathecary's list price is the same as CC's list at $115, and not LS's price of $185.

GBP 65 direct from C&S on the web site, which currently is only $93.05. Actually once the VAT comes off, I guess, and the shipping, GBP 25 goes, on, only $114.98, delivered to the States. Not bad. The GBP is down against the dollar. Time to order some British shirts!

Sorry, I should have clarified. Should I just call and speak to Scott, and mention that I am a B&B member? I actually already have the O&C, I am thinking of getting the Cuba.

I emailed them saying I was a B&B member and what I would like to purchase using the discount. He emailed back and I called and gave him my information.

So O&C is also mispriced on the Cambridge web site and in fact, as an edt, sell sells for the same price as, say, 88 and C&S Neroli, $115, not $8 more expensive at $123!

At least London Bathecary's list price is the same as CC's list at $115, and not LS's price of $185.

GBP 65 direct from C&S on the web site, which currently is only $93.05. Actually once the VAT comes off, I guess, and the shipping, GBP 25 goes, on, only $114.98, delivered to the States. Not bad. The GBP is down against the dollar. Time to order some British shirts!

Yes...its $115, not sure why there's a different price on their website. Doesn't seem like they update their website but I was happy with the lower price, discount and free shipping.

I don't know why Lucky Scent sells their merchandise at a considerable markup...maybe they believe they're the only merchants that carry this product? I wouldn't buy anything from them now that I know how much they markup their prices!

Top Bottom