What's new

Cocobolo scales on my first razor.

I put Cocobolo scales on the first razor that I ever bought and used. It was really a hoot to make these scales. It measures 13/16" from the spine to the edge of the blade so it would probably be considered 7/8 full hollow ground. The originals were ugly black plastic and these came out very well compared to the originals.

Could someone tell me who the maker really is? I bought it from a knife shop in Sacramento for $90 over a year ago. I just now did research on it and found that it is a stainless blade (Rostfrei means stainless). Here all this time I was wondering how it still looked so good. This razor shaves very well and hones very easily. I only picked up a couple of references on the net but no real solid information. Any information would be appreciated. I would like to know if other configurations of razors are available.

Side note I don't know how to put text at the beginning and at the end but am working on it.

Thanks in advance,
Richard

Last edited:
Rudolf Stehlo is the maker. It is ground very well and is a great peformer. Would like to know how to get more of their work.

Later,
Richard

Just saying....

attachment.php

I put Cocobolo scales on the first razor that I ever bought and used. It was really a hoot to make these scales. It measures 13/16" from the spine to the edge of the blade so it would probably be considered 7/8 full hollow ground. The originals were ugly black plastic and these came out very well compared to the originals.

Could someone tell me who the maker really is? I bought it from a knife shop in Sacramento for $90 over a year ago. I just now did research on it and found that it is a stainless blade (Rostfrei means stainless). Here all this time I was wondering how it still looked so good. This razor shaves very well and hones very easily. I only picked up a couple of references on the net but no real solid information. Any information would be appreciated. I would like to know if other configurations of razors are available.

Side note I don't know how to put text at the beginning and at the end but am working on it.

Thanks in advance,
Richard

This razor is actually one of the Henckels Friodur razors that surfaced several years ago. It is cryo hardened 440C. It is a good razor. Rudolph Stehlo is the grinders name I believe. I have never received a straight answer but I believe he works for Dovo. I do know for a fact that a grinder at Dovo purchased the ramaining stock of Henckels larger blades from Henckels and has been grinding them on the side.

John Crowley
http://www.ShavingShop.com

This razor is actually one of the Henckels Friodur razors that surfaced several years ago. It is cryo hardened 440C. It is a good razor. Rudolph Stehlo is the grinders name I believe. I have never received a straight answer but I believe he works for Dovo. I do know for a fact that a grinder at Dovo purchased the ramaining stock of Henckels larger blades from Henckels and has been grinding them on the side.

John Crowley
http://www.ShavingShop.com

Thanks for the information and to think that I bought it at a local knife store. Razors are amazing!

Richard

Thanks for the encouragement! I am really starting to get going and I like the whole process quite a bit. I am running out of blades of my own to do. I am going to be practicing on pinning and once I have it down to a good degree I would like to do some PIFS.

Take Care,
R

Top Bottom