What's new

Cobra Classic - RULES! :)

I have been messing about with a LOT of razors lately. CC and I did not get along well at all in the beginning. I kept going back to my DEs, which at least left me intact. But the shave was never quite as close as I was able to get with a CC.

I also played around the various cartridge razors of course. i still have the 5 bladed Fusion wonder in my junk drawer, gathering dust. The only cart razor I use - when I am in a hurry and absolutely cannot risk a nick - is a Sensor. I always have carts for it round and it does a good job. It gives an acceptable shave and no risk of bloodshed.

My Superspeed and Tech also give good shaves. But you can always feel a little against the grain stubble afterwards. Same with the Sensor.

I have recently become a convert to the cult of the injector too. I love my Schick L1 with Schick blades. It shaves VERY close. Plus it's a gentler shave. I don't know how or why it does that, but it does. Why did they ever go away? Oh yeah, there wasn't enough money in them for the manufacturers. But still, there is a tiny bit of ATG stubble. This is my daily razor.

The CC? *Nothing* is left behind. If I need to be clean for a very long day, it's the CC. And I have learned that the second and third shaves are when it really starts to shine. That Feather blade is a little rough on the first go. Corking helps, but a couple shaves and you are away for about 12-14 days. Even at the end of the blades life, it doesn't get rough. It just takes longer and doesn't get you quite as close.

This was an expensive razor. I cursed myself for a fool for buying it. But now it is my secret weapon when I want that perfect shave. No pressure at all and patience is the key, and it works amazingly well.

If you have the cash, try one. I am a huge fan of it! :biggrin:

Certainly looks cool...and the fact they don't come up on b/s/t hardly at all speaks for a good product too. I'm in envy. :smile:
proxy.php

I've wondered about those, but the cost of both the CC and the blades is rulling me against it for now. Maybe sometime down the road...

The cost of blade argument (in this case) is silly. This style of blades runs about $.50 a piece. They last approximately ten shaves, making the blades alone cost $.05 per shave. Compare that to my Feather DE blades at $.30 a piece and 4 shaves per blade. That works out to $.075 cents a shave.

That being said, the CC costs an arm and a leg over most shaver grade DE's!

The cost of blade argument (in this case) is silly. This style of blades runs about $.50 a piece. They last approximately ten shaves, making the blades alone cost $.05 per shave. Compare that to my Feather DE blades at $.30 a piece and 4 shaves per blade. That works out to $.075 cents a shave.

That being said, the CC costs an arm and a leg over most shaver grade DE's!

Yes it does. However it is probably a very small scale maker, so I am not too surprised. And yes, the blades are more each than most DE (and are still cheap - especially compared to carts!), but they last longer. I can get 5 days - or week if I really stretch - on my red Personnas. I can go nearly two weeks on a Professional.

Top Bottom