What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Just had an LFD Double Ligero in 6.5x60. Those are a very nice full body smoke. Been enjoying them a lot lately. Had it down at my local smoking lounge, The Smoking Dog. Great place. Great conversation. And course a great cigar.

Had a CAO Mx2 Belicoso. It reminded me why I try to avoid figurados. I effed up the cut and the whole thing unravelled with roughly a third of the cigar left to smoke. Very rarely have that issue with parejos.

But, while it lasted, it was a tasty smoke that complimented the book I was reading, Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy, quite nicely.

$20150714_164038.jpg

Yes, Hirsute, it is a dry cured cigar. In fact, it's made by the same company as Parodi in PA. De Nobili was more prevalent in New York as its introduction preceded Parodi, and had been enjoyed already by an established Italian community. De Nobili was in every corner store when I was growing up. I had always thought they were made in Italy.

I found this on Avanti Cigar's site.

THE DE NOBILI BRAND HAS ALWAYS BEEN NEW YORK’S ITALIAN CIGAR. AND A FAVORITE OF FRANK SINATRA, WHO CLAIMED HE COULDN’T HANDLE FRESH AIR. HE’D “RATHER BE AROUND THREE DE NOBILI CIGARS BLOWING IN MY FACE ALL NIGHT.”

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Thanks Slickside. Those sound like winners to me. I have a humi full of premium cigars, but I also enjoyed the few Parodis I've smoked, and I'm intrigued by the KY fire cured tobacco in there. I'll pick some up for sure.

I am not a massive cigar smoker, I tend to only smoke socially but I did enjoy this the other day. An Alec Bradley Black Market Filthy Hooligan. First quarter was a bit dull but the rest was sweet, with dark chocolate and coffee aromas and taste.

$image.jpg$image.jpg

Top Bottom