What's new

Chutzpah in advertising

It's not allowed to post a live eBay link around here, but if you search on "Brass Break-a-way Travel Razor" you'll find what I'm writing about.

There is a Gillette Old Style razor on offer at the moment. The end pieces have come loose from the handle, as is not unusual. The seller is offering this as a travel razor which breaks down into five pieces.:lol:

Oh, in the pictures with the razor assembled, the bottom plate is upside down, but you'd expect that.

I hope Achim doesn't post here to tell me that this really is the rare take-apart model with the inverted comb. :001_rolle

I hope Achim doesn't post here to tell me that this really is the rare take-apart model with the inverted comb. :001_rolle

If there ever was one, he would have it well documented!! Between Achim and AsylumGuido we've got access to some great historians!

Mr.Chutzpah (Referenced by OP) said:
For your consideration...Great collectable...From Gillette, this travel razor with case. Razor breaks down into 5 pieces. One tooth on the end is bent in slightly. Razor measures approximately 3 1/2" when put together. Looks like it might be starting to tarnish. I didn't want to damage trying to clean up. Also included is the carry case for the razors. No razor blades.

The case has a little road wear, but otherwise in good shape. It measures approximately 3 1/2" in diameter and about 1/2" thick.

Complete with the optional space-saving bent tooth!! :lol::lol::lol:

It's not allowed to post a live eBay link around here, but if you search on "Brass Break-a-way Travel Razor" you'll find what I'm writing about.

There is a Gillette Old Style razor on offer at the moment. The end pieces have come loose from the handle, as is not unusual. The seller is offering this as a travel razor which breaks down into five pieces.:lol:

Oh, in the pictures with the razor assembled, the bottom plate is upside down, but you'd expect that.

I don´t find the auction. Have you a item number?

It´s a normal Copley set from the 20s (Krumholz page 171). Maybe the handle has a crack and the end parts a loose. I´ve some from these set´s - I see, I must update my site :001_rolle

Last edited:
... I see, I must update my site :001_rolle

here it is:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom