What's new

Checking in!

Hello peeps,

I am back to trying the safety razor again....long story short i found an old superspeed 109 that belonged to my father and tried it out and didnt like like . Needless to say i was stupid/dumb and threw it away.

Few years pass and i found another deal on a different razor and im giving a chance again. I am still getting a few cuts here and there but i am really liking this go arround.

I guess im really into this thing for good....oh and i found another 109 and got it nice and polished.

Thanks,
Pitofeo

Glad you are trying it again. There is a lot of information on the shave wikis that can help prevent the nicks. It is all about technique - no pressure, blade angle (I ride the cap, especially if I am using a high setting on my adjustable), and good preparation, which means a good, slick soap. Let us know if you have any questions. There's a lot of folks a lot smarter than I am that are willing to help.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Hello peeps,

I am back to trying the safety razor again....long story short i found an old superspeed 109 that belonged to my father and tried it out and didnt like like . Needless to say i was stupid/dumb and threw it away.

Few years pass and i found another deal on a different razor and im giving a chance again. I am still getting a few cuts here and there but i am really liking this go arround.

I guess im really into this thing for good....oh and i found another 109 and got it nice and polished.

Thanks,
Pitofeo

Welcome to B&B ,what @Lightcs1776 said, I could not agree more

Well , I am not using an adjustable at the moment. I am currently using a Dorco but i do play around the dial to see how the blade feels on my skin. I basically leave the silos loose going with the grain and then tight/lock the silos to go against the grain.

Oh i have been a lurker for sometime now but i know i have lots to read. Really like how everything is set up. The information is easy to find and if not the members here do really go out of their way to help answer questions.

I just need to run the 109 thru an ultrasonic cleaner before i place it on my skin. I found it on a dirty bin....it does look nice after the polish.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I know right?....I cant believe I threw it away either trust me. It was a really stupid mistake on my part. That razor was in pristine condition. I got mad cause I couldn't use it the right way and thought that I would never revisit the art od DE.

Oh well, I hope someone found it when it got to the garbage dump site.

Well , I am not using an adjustable at the moment. I am currently using a Dorco but i do play around the dial to see how the blade feels on my skin. I basically leave the silos loose going with the grain and then tight/lock the silos to go against the grain.

Oh i have been a lurker for sometime now but i know i have lots to read. Really like how everything is set up. The information is easy to find and if not the members here do really go out of their way to help answer questions.

I just need to run the 109 thru an ultrasonic cleaner before i place it on my skin. I found it on a dirty bin....it does look nice after the polish.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Welcome to B&B! Glad you were able to find another 109 and would love to see a pic. :001_smile

Last edited:
DSC_0742.JPG DSC_0743.JPG DSC_0745.JPG Pics of the 109

Top Bottom