What's new

Checking in from California

Checking in to this forum from California. New to wet-shaving. Just ordered a Kent BLK4 and one from WCS. Looking forward to learning from this group especially around brushes. A bit more about me, I enjoy golf, hiking and hangin with the wife and pups. Thanks for having me.

Checking in to this forum from California. New to wet-shaving. Just ordered a Kent BLK4 and one from WCS. Looking forward to learning from this group especially around brushes. A bit more about me, I enjoy golf, hiking and hangin with the wife and pups. Thanks for having me.
Welcome to the forum. The first good brush I purchased 6 years so was a Kent BLK8. It’s a really nice brush but as my tastes and knowledge have developed, I realize the brush lacks backbone. It’s like layering with a mop. However the knot is really soft. It only gets occasional use these days.

Welcome to B&B. Be careful: B&B can lead to bush :scared: acquisition disorder!

I already know I will be afflicted, the same happened when I got interested in cigars and whisky ;)

Welcome! Which part of CA are you in?

I'm in Pebble Beach, moved from Silicon Valley

And thanks for the welcome guys! sanookd, what recommendations you have for brushes to add to the (eventual) list?

I already know I will be afflicted, the same happened when I got interested in cigars and whisky ;)

I'm in Pebble Beach, moved from Silicon Valley

And thanks for the welcome guys! sanookd, what recommendations you have for brushes to add to the (eventual) list?
I like the offerings from The Heritage Collection. I’ve made 2 purchases from him and think it’s good value. I also like my Simpson Chubby 2 but it’s more $$$$. I like my Thater also. But bang for buck it’s The Heritage Collection. Oh I forgot my Yaqi Badger Barber pole brush, also good value.
You must decide if you’re going with badger, boar or synthetic.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum and thanks for checking in with us. If you would really like to tell us more about yourself could join the Hall of Fame. Everyone should join the Hall of Fame.

Welcome aboard! Enjoy your shaves!

In addition to their fantastic soaps, I would encourage you to check out the brush offerings from Stirling.

Welcome.

Banff National Park View 1920 x 1200 widescreen.jpeg

Top Bottom