What's new

Cheapshaver Forum

I’ll start it off. I shaved today w a 1949 Ball-handle Tech, a Rainbow blade ($8 for 100), a $4 VDH boar brush, Dial hand soap and a splash of Pinaud Special Reserve ($6 for a lifetime supply). A fantastic shave.
I found the Tech in a drawer in my house about 15 years ago. Don’t know whose it was or where it came from or how it got in that drawer. But it’s a fantastic razor that could have been my one and only, but for the SuperSpeed I bought new in 1973 ($1.99) and a slight case of RAD, urged on by B&B.

Last edited:
2.70 Gillette Super Blue & 4.50 Yuma

C0B0DD62-F851-4C0E-88C7-E94553CD3A20.jpeg

FA004E28-E8C4-4226-AD79-398DC0F44AA6.jpeg

Love that Yuma. That’s the best shaving DE in my den. There’s a Dollar Tree Chinese knock-off of that Gillette that will tear your face off. $1 with 5 blades.
I got a bunch of Super Blues as giveaways should someone get interested in wetshaving.

The Yuma is a fine shaver but the plating is an absolute disgrace. If you want to experience Zamak rot in high speed look no further.

85C9F1D3-AA96-4CF8-B90E-1827A4B61C85.jpeg

I got a bunch of Super Blues as giveaways should someone get interested in wetshaving.

The Yuma is a fine shaver but the plating is an absolute disgrace. If you want to experience Zamak rot in high speed look no further.

View attachment 1732739

Yeah I got a Yuma very early on in an order from that Turkish retailer that used to be around, it was pretty rough.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen those GSB razors, how are they in terms of blade play/chatter? I’d imagine they’re on the mild side.

View attachment 1732739
I've had a couple of these Gillette Blue razors and they really are amazing.. The Blue blades are excellent as well. Wish I would've started DE shaving with those, I'd have saved a ton of money.

Top Bottom