What's new

Charcoal Grills

As far as charcoal grills go….I’ve tried quite a few over the years. I really liked the Weber Kettle grill for a few people and liked the propane gas grill for its speed. But these grills soon have to be replaced and another purchased. However, since I’ve been using the Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman’s grill for over 20 years or so…there is no going back to Weber or propane. You can’t beat the cast iron for a grill and the hibachi style is perfect for a small party. The grill comes fully seasoned and clean up is a snap with a hand held wet dry vacuum and a can of Pam spray on the cast iron after it’s cleaned up. I’ve found that the cast iron grill really holds the heat for a long time, just like cast iron cookware, with fewer coals to use in the process. The only draw back is if you’re using this grill for tailgating it takes a long time to cool down. Also, it’s a little heavy at about 30 pounds since it is 100% cast iron. This grill can’t be beat for the backyard, camping, picnics and the beach. I’m now on my second grill after a little over 20 years of service on my first lodge grill and this is still my number one choice. I got my current Lodge on line at an end of year clearance sale and the shipping was free if I picked it up at the local hardware store. Just my opinion on my favorite grill. The Lodge Sportsman’s grill, for meat, fish, vegetable etc. can't be beat. Cheers.

I've got the Lodge cast iron hibachi as well and it is a superb grill. I like grilling Korean style beef on it.

Do tell!

And a 1.5 inch Delmonico or Rib Eye, also dredged in a spice rub (chilis, cinammon, cumin, coffee, chocolate, brown sugar, and much more), seared to medium rare, topped with a dollop of bleu cheese and served with wilted spinach and a nice salad.

Getting hungry. . . . . . . .

Oh, that sounds so good!
Care to share the full recipe of that rub?

Top Bottom