What's new

Charcoal Goods beat everything in my den

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I’ve been hording CG razors for a few years. Now that they don’t make them the same any more I’m glad I did. I have six or seven complete razors. And a ton of handles. Sometimes I think about selling some to free up some funds for other razors. Then I come to my senses. I think I’d sell off all of my Wolfman razors first. 😜😜😎😎 I really do get a lot of joy from my CG razors. Even though I have a few razors that shave smoother or closer, or both, I really do love CG. The Blackland Tradere OC is my number one at the moment. But that is weird clunky thing. The Wolfs are like a Ferrari…. Super precision and finesse. Blackland stuff is like a beefy muscle car… raw power. But the Charcoal Goods embody the best of all those things. Plus the artistry of those original generation are mesmerizing. I really need to take a CG family photo and post it.

I’ve been hording CG razors for a few years. Now that they don’t make them the same any more I’m glad I did. I have six or seven complete razors. And a ton of handles. Sometimes I think about selling some to free up some funds for other razors. Then I come to my senses. I think I’d sell off all of my Wolfman razors first. 😜😜😎😎 I really do get a lot of joy from my CG razors. Even though I have a few razors that shave smoother or closer, or both, I really do love CG. The Blackland Tradere OC is my number one at the moment. But that is weird clunky thing. The Wolfs are like a Ferrari…. Super precision and finesse. Blackland stuff is like a beefy muscle car… raw power. But the Charcoal Goods embody the best of all those things. Plus the artistry of those original generation are mesmerizing. I really need to take a CG family photo and post it.
Well said Brad!! Couldn’t agree more with your analogies. Only difference is that I just listed my Gen 3, lvl2&3 to free up funds.

I used the copper gen2 lvl2 yesterday. The Feather didn't seem to be the best pairing. What are the blade favorites for the old designs of CG?

If you’re gonna get rid of a CG, those are the ones to sell. I have both and like them. I have an Everyday as well. But they don’t hold a stick to the older ones unfortunately.
and these newer designs are pretty good, makes me wonder how good the old ones are, wonder why they stopped making the old versions?

Hard to take a bad picture of the copper gen 2, too - don’t know how I could ever sell this thing. Brad, Leverspro, Calm Shaver, et al. - please post yours if you feel so inclined, it is a pleasure to see these razors, especially after they have been owned and used by someone for a while

4104E900-AD0C-4F60-8ED6-5EA5AA2DD639.jpeg

Hard to take a bad picture of the copper gen 2, too - don’t know how I could ever sell this thing. Brad, Leverspro, Calm Shaver, et al. - please post yours if you feel so inclined, it is a pleasure to see these razors, especially after they have been owned and used by someone for a while

View attachment 1535164
I use it weekly minimum. Great razor. Would like to try the gen3 lvl3 but not that motivated.
Imagepipe_52.jpg
Imagepipe_40.jpg

Top Bottom