What's new

Charcoal Goods beat everything in my den

Don't think he's making copper either - seems to be brass or... brass

There was a brief mention of titanium ages ago but that seems unlikely now

I contacted CG, the reply I got was that SS "will not return".
That's an absolute shame and I think it's a mistake not to, but I'm sure the brass is the easiest to machine and probably has the best profit margin but he lost me as a potential buyer...

same. I don't like brass and have been waiting for the new heads to come out in SS. New handles also look like cheapened versions of the old designs. :sad:

I saw a SOTD shot recently with SS head and SS Vertigo handle, which I'd never seen before. Looked great. I guess the SS stuff is truly unobtainium. Just like some of the handle designs.

I sold two old style solid brass handles to a member here who lives locally. They were just living in the bottom of a drawer. It's not enough cash to retire on, but I got most of my purchase price back. My brass Vertigo sits in a drawer also but I have plans of getting the gen 3 lvl3 head for it.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Fabulous shave today! Gen 1 Stinger in Brass. Level 2.

2022-08-03 09.45.00.jpg

I actually decided to pull the trigger on a Level 3 complete razor from CG recently, had the "Everyday" at one time but it was far too mild for me to be effective. Decided to buy this since I went for a trade with another member for a CG handle (Arrow) to use with the BYOR Yates head in brass I ordered (for whenever it is they decide to ship those out anyway) and thought "why not try a proper CG head?". Went for the Torpedo handle since it was different even if I'm not too crazy about the "elongated grenade" look of it, but despite that I'm shocked at how well this thing shaved, I used the Brassbird with a Stirling Soap and the exact same blade the shave prior and I thought this one actually performed a bit better which stunned me. VERY glad I bought this one, might wind up actually seeing which handle I prefer for this guy and probably trade one of them for a proper Yates 3.25 handle since they've been sold out.

1660239017518.png

Has anyone done a side-by-side comparison between one of these super-duper spendy razors, and a Vintage Gillette New Short comb, Goodwill or Sheraton?

When I got my Charcoal goods Level 3 razor, it came with the Torpedo style handle, but after a recent trade with a forum member I also acquired the Arrow handle....gotta say after using both, I almost feel like the Arrow is more 'nimble' in the hand, shave seemed a bit better as well, both are lookers though for sure, plus I think I grabbed the last of the Torpedo handles he had since he pulled it completely from the site almost immediately after I bought it.

They're both lookers though, that's for sure.

1661485856414.png

1661485886003.png

Top Bottom