What's new

GIVEAWAY! Challenge PIF - Can You Fffeeeeelll The Difference?!?

Black dot shave 2 - RazoRock Superslant Lvl2++OC, no drama even on a fast shave.
IMG_5912.jpeg

One Torrey neck pass, Black dot did the majority of the removal. It would have been closer if I'd had more time.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_9138.jpeg

Blade challenge can you ffffeeeeellllll the difference.​

Third shave on the Black Dot Gillette Platinum which is the Blue Box White Lettering blade. I had a pretty good shave this morning. I am wondering if this blade is ever so slightly less sharper than the Silver Dot White Box Blue Lettering blade. I will know by the end of the week.

I have been MIA for a bit, as the month of December has been very hectic for me.
For that I apologize!

I know....you all missed me, right? :001_smile

Per my last post, I was finishing up the SMBD blade and was moving on to the "gray dot" blade. My last and final blade.

The "gray dot" blade was used in a few Gillette vintage razors and provided decent shaves. I got about 9 or 10 decent shaves with it.

Across the three blades, the "black dot" blade was probably my favorite of the three. The SMDB and "gray dot" blades were good performers for me and worked equally as well. However, I would have to give the edge to the "gray dot" for second place.

Did I "fffeel the difference" Sure did!
Great fun trying out these three different blades!!!

Thanks to the three gents that made all of this possible!!

11th and final shave with the white dot blade

Usually when a blade reaches its end it both tugs and fails to cut efficiently. In this case it was still a smooth shave, but it didn’t adequately remove the beard so it’s going in the bin after an enjoyable run.

IMG_3059.jpeg

SuperMax Blue Diamond Blade #2 - Shaves #4

TL;DR -
Lights back on, blade is still producing, DFS with a tiny drama dot

Equipment: Ali X3-D2 Razor, SuperMax BD Blade (4), and Captain's Choice Italia Soap

The Shave: Now that I can see what I'm doing, I took my time and this combination rewarded me with a DFS shave. Still resisting the urge to lick the soap (and you can't make me, Dave, you incredibly handsome, tanned farmer)! When I get the optimal angle, this razor just glides smoothly thru CC's Italia lather; however, I did notice that a tiny, red, drama dot appeared in my typical challenging spot.

I have been MIA for a bit, as the month of December has been very hectic for me.
For that I apologize!

I know....you all missed me, right? :001_smile

Per my last post, I was finishing up the SMBD blade and was moving on to the "gray dot" blade. My last and final blade.

The "gray dot" blade was used in a few Gillette vintage razors and provided decent shaves. I got about 9 or 10 decent shaves with it.

Across the three blades, the "black dot" blade was probably my favorite of the three. The SMDB and "gray dot" blades were good performers for me and worked equally as well. However, I would have to give the edge to the "gray dot" for second place.

Did I "fffeel the difference" Sure did!
Great fun trying out these three different blades!!!

Thanks to the three gents that made all of this possible!!
Welcome back into the light, @timetofly, missed you!! :thumbup:

BlueBox Gillette #3
Razor: first use of a FatBoy I got through the SaintSue Memorial, I cleaned it well w an electric toothbrush and dish soap then polished. Setting 5
Head shave:
Proraso preshave
TOBS avocado cream
Art of shaving (floppy) badger brush
2+ pass shave
AS TOBS non alcoholic

This was a nice close shave....no issues....

can't shave face......I think I used an electric Norelco before a trip a few days back and I am butchered in the neck....irrationalPXL_20231220_152951773.jpg

Razor: Henson AL13+
Blade: SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum #2 (2)
Cream: Palmolive Classic
Brush: No-name badger off of Amazon
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue followed by Nivea Sensitive balm

Excellent shave today with this razor/blade pairing. I was shaving 3 days growth and while the first pass didn't just mow it down the subsequent passes were splendid and the end result was very nice. I like this blade similarly to the black dot Gillette Platinum. Very pleased.

🔘 Shave 5:
Ti 1.65 WR2
Hallows soap
Still having decent shaves with this razor blade but I’m feeling like it’s not quite going to hold up ad well as the ⚫️. It is starting to get a bit rough. I’m going to get through this week with this one. I’ll be gone for a few weeks after that and then start with a new blade.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_9153.jpeg

Blade challenge can you fffeeeelllll the difference.​

Fourth shave this week with both my Flat Bottom Tech and the Gillette Platinum Blue Box White Lettering blade. I had another really good shave this morning, no blood, redness or anything else to report. This blade is pretty good but I am still wondering if the other Gillette Platinum is slighter sharper or is it my imagination.

SuperMax Blue Diamond Blade #2 - Shaves #5

TL;DR -
Very good shave, a little extra effort, blade is slowing down

Equipment: Ali X3-D2 Razor, SuperMax BD Blade (5), and PdP Bergamot & Thyme Soap

The Shave: This blade is still producing very good shaves, close and smooth, although I needed to go over a couple of areas a 2nd time. PdP lather is always excellent and consistent, the Ali X3-D2 razor is keeping up, and the results are still very good. this blade still has at least 1 more shave to give.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_9167.jpeg

Blade challenge can you fffeeeeellll the difference.​

Blade challenge can you fffeeeeellll the difference shave five this week. Fifth shave on the Black Dot Blue Box White Lettering blade for this week. I had a pretty good shave this morning. No blood etc to report just a pretty good shave.

Top Bottom