Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I don't track it

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Something else

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I used to use Tobaccocellar.com but have gotten worried it may crash permanently due to the creator moving on from it. I have since transferred my cellar to Thepipetool.com and have been relatively happy with that. It all got me wondering how others are tracking thier hording, err....cellar...

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I used to use Tobaccocellar.com but have gotten worried it may crash permanently due to the creator moving on from it. I have since transferred my cellar to Thepipetool.com and have been relatively happy with that. It all got me wondering how others are tracking thier hording, err....cellar...

Way to ruin my night. I had no idea. Man, I hope it continues on, I just don’t have the energy to re catalog everything.

Can you use the backup logs from tobaccocellar on the pipe tool AP?

I use an Excel spreadsheet that's evolved over the last five years since I returned to the pipe. I accumulated fountain pens for 15 years or so and didn't track anything. That was a mistake. I decided to not do that with pipes and tobacco, and while I sometimes cringe when I look at the total spent (invested?) number, I feel better at least knowing what I have. Frankly, it also helped me put on the brakes when it came to TAD and PAD.

brandaves

Way to ruin my night. I had no idea. Man, I hope it continues on, I just don’t have the energy to re catalog everything.

Can you use the backup logs from tobaccocellar on the pipe tool AP?
You can transfer your cellar from Tobaccocellar.com to Thepipetool.com easily. There is instructions on the site for doing just that!

I didn't make a way of keeping track, for me as of right now I have it all boxed....cans/tins with dates written on them in one box....jars and house blends with dates and labels in another box....I'm trying to clear out some jars so that I have storage room when I crack a tin/can open. I don't use them everyday...once a week if I'm lucky so it takes me a long time to finish 2oz of anything.

Larry

Tracking what tobacco I have was on my to do list. A few years later and 6+ file cabinet drawers packed full of tins and jars, I don't have a clue what I have. The good side of that is every time I go digging it's like Christmas. Hope to retire sometime, cataloging my tobacco will be at the top of my list........

I started with Tobaccocellar, but moved to Excel. A little bit of googling, and I figured out how to make Excel do every thing I needed it to. I have tobacco cellared in several different rubbermaid containers in different locations. Excel allows me to track where it is, instead of just the volume.

I don't need to know what the average age of my Old Gowrie stash is. I do need to know where that 20 year old tin of it is though.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I started with Tobaccocellar, but moved to Excel. A little bit of googling, and I figured out how to make Excel do every thing I needed it to. I have tobacco cellared in several different rubbermaid containers in different locations. Excel allows me to track where it is, instead of just the volume.

I don't need to know what the average age of my Old Gowrie stash is. I do need to know where that 20 year old tin of it is though.
That's the big one for me as well. I know what drawer (out of 14) in what dresser each tin, bag, or jar is in.

brandaves

This was at the core of my reorganization efforts. I cellar in five large totes and I tried to find a specific blend a few weeks ago...it was an hour long endeavor. I was sweating and cursing like the sailor I am and vowed never again to that. I now know what is in each tub and won't be mixing things up soon.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I kinda have bins that are grouped by manufacturer. One bin for the mcclellands. One bin for esoterica. One for c&D/macbaren/Sutliff blends.

Then all my mason jars, I put labels at the end of the tray with dates.

I came here to find info.. tried to get to tobacco cellar and it loaded some spammy keyboard typing tutorial sale website... :( Not sure I have a backup of the files or not. <cry>

Top Bottom