What's new

Cella. Yes or No?

Well, while surfing through Amzon, Cella Shave Sop presented itself to me.:)

I've heard it mentioned before. So, how does it stack up to Proraso and Tabac?

All three are great soaps. Cella is a soft, tallow-based soap that produces a very slick lather for me. The scent is a mild almond/cherry. The soap leaves my face feeling soft and not dry at all, and doesn't interfere with any aftershave. It's well worth giving a shot. Having said that, so are Proraso (any color) and Tabac. All excellent performers for me.

To me (and do keep in mind that I was a Proraso fanboy) it's somewhere near Proraso (with maybe better protection), but a step below Tabac, while being a fantastic soap at a fantastic pricepoint. I, for one, am not a big fan of artisanal soaps, so I follow mostly mass production, and in that regard, Tabac is unbeatable for me. Cella and Proraso sit on number 2 for me, with me being sentimentally attached to Proraso. A step under them I'd place the EJ/Muhle soaps I used to own.

Cella is a soft, tallow-based soap

Well, score points for that!:)

I, for one, am not a big fan of artisanal soaps, so I follow mostly mass production, and in that regard, Tabac is unbeatable for me. Cella and Proraso sit on number 2 for me, with me being sentimentally attached to Proraso.

Love Tabac and hapy to know Cella is a close second.:)

I was thinking about DP No. 63. But I don't think it's tallow based. I have the original PDP nd like it a lot. No 63 might be duplicating that which I already have? Whereas, Proraso is not tallow-based but Cella is.

Cella is a fantastic soap in my opinion. My go to test soap for new brushes and a permanent one in my rotation.
Compared to proraso (which I love for being my first proper soap), the lather is more yogurt-like, can hold more water and less airy.
So because of the more water content I found to be slicker than proraso, and gives definitely better cushion.
I found the tub a bit small to load for my larger brushes because they naturally want to splay, but works fantastic when pressed to my larger bowl. When finished loading my damp silvertip badger the lather in the brush is actually shave-ready.
In my experience it needs to be loaded hard with plenty of water but it will reward you with monstrous amount of lather.
I also love the nice mild almond scent of it.
Can be had for a reasonable price too, overall excellent choice.

Sent from my RNE-L01 using Tapatalk

Guys,

Thanks for all the input.:) Very helpful!:)

I just pulled the trigger!:)

I had a little over 12 bucks credit on my card plus used another shopping point, so costing me nothing.:) Well, yeah, technically, it did cost me something, but you know what I mean.:)

I like the soap and it's a Christmastime favorite because the scent reminds me of Christmas cookies.

Now I'm REALLY looking forward to it.:)

I bought a single tub to try.:) but I see one can purchase the CELLA Shaving cream Soap - XL GIANT Size - One Kilo Box 1000GR. So, how does it come packaged? I cannot find any photos. Is it a brick of soap from which you cut a piece to place in a shaving bowl?? And, does it keep for along period of time?

I bought a single tub to try.:) but I see one can purchase the CELLA Shaving cream Soap - XL GIANT Size - One Kilo Box 1000GR. So, how does it come packaged? I cannot find any photos. Is it a brick of soap from which you cut a piece to place in a shaving bowl?? And, does it keep for along period of time?

It comes in one brick. I cut it up into puck size chunks and then I vacuum packed the individual pucks. If you keep it a long time and let the air get to it the soap will go bad.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.

Exactly like Christmas cookies! Enjoy it, Mark!

Well, score points for that!:)

Love Tabac and hapy to know Cella is a close second.:)

I was thinking about DP No. 63. But I don't think it's tallow based. I have the original PDP nd like it a lot. No 63 might be duplicating that which I already have? Whereas, Proraso is not tallow-based but Cella is.

PDP and PDP63 are the same formula. The difference is in the scent. Neither are tallow based.

It comes in one brick. I cut it up into puck size chunks and then I vacuum packed the individual pucks. If you keep it a long time and let the air get to it the soap will go bad.

Sounds like you have a vacuum sealer.:)

Well, if I decide that I like the soap and want to stick up, I'll consider this method.:) Thanks!:)

+1. That's what I have done. I recently cut a portion off of the brick and it produces great lather that is easy to make even though the brick is now eight years old.

I’ll chime in my 3 favorites are Cella,Tabac,Fine American Blend.
And yes in that Order.
Can’t go wrong with Cella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently cut a portion off of the brick and it produces great lather that is easy to make even though the brick is now eight years old.

I have a lot of soaps, but that huge brick is one of the best cost/value deals out there, for a great soap. Keeps calling to me.

Did you vacuum seal your big brick? or just a standard ziplock situation?

Top Bottom