What's new

Cella. Yes or No?

It is a great soap. I even put it into a tube to make a soap stick out of it and it works even better. It is a great soap.

Cella-Merkur.JPG

I really like Cella. I bought a chunk from the kilo brick off the BST a few years ago, and I enjoyed working my way through it. If I were super cheap, I'd probably shave solely with Cella.

I prefer Cella over Tabac, mainly because the scent. Tabac isn’t horrible but I really like Cella for some reason. And for me I think they both perform equally, and although I do love Proraso, especially green, I have to say they both perform a bit better on slickness and protection. Can’t go wrong with it, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are selling me on the Cella, not going to lie, you guys also sold me on the Proraso Red when it came to the sandalwood scent. Very rarely has anyone here steered me wrong!

Well, while surfing through Amzon, Cella Shave Sop presented itself to me.:)

I've heard it mentioned before. So, how does it stack up to Proraso and Tabac?

funny, same thing happened with me, I just grabbed a Fatip off of Amzn last week and the next thing I see is Cello in my suggestions.The happy looking grandpa character grabbed my attention & I started reading up on it on Amazon, I come here to read more and see a thread on it.

funny, same thing happened with me, I just grabbed a Fatip off of Amzn last week and the next thing I see is Cello in my suggestions.The happy looking grandpa character grabbed my attention & I started reading up on it on Amazon, I come here to read more and see a thread on it.

:):):)
B&B is GREAT!:)

BTW, I have two Fatips (Piccolo and Grande) and a Schone.:) So Cella's first use is going to be with an Italian razor.:)

You guys are selling me on the Cella, not going to lie, you guys also sold me on the Proraso Red when it came to the sandalwood scent. Very rarely has anyone here steered me wrong!

You should definitely give it a try! It's definitely a great soap. The only thing to be wary of is that many people have reactions to the almond scents for whatever reason. I couldn't use p160, but Cella and all the other almonds I've used have been fine.

You should definitely give it a try! It's definitely a great soap. The only thing to be wary of is that many people have reactions to the almond scents for whatever reason. I couldn't use p160, but Cella and all the other almonds I've used have been fine.

Omigosh! Proraso Red!:) I was just reminded of it yesterday! I need to get it, as well!:) I've got Green, but never tried Red.:)

Cella, along with Tabac & Proraso will always be in my den. Which is better? Whichever one I'm using at the time. Yesterday it was Cella, today it was Tabac. These two are truly in a class by themselves in my opinion. I rank them a level above DR Harris, and that is saying something for me!

I had my first shave with Cella this morning!:) I made sure ot use my Fatip grande razor and keep it as much an all Italian shave as possible.:) I used a Shark blade (made in Egypt). I probably should have used a Personna blade due to the name sounding almost a little Italian.:):)

First off, I thought it would be a larger container. It's smaller than I thought. But, as I soon found out, it packed a lot of punch!:)

Well, Cella did not disappoint! A rich, creamy lather with some very nice protection and god cushion (I love tallow based soaps!). I'd say the second and third use will tell the tale. Usually, you get a better understanding of how the soap works...how much water to use, etc. And, I think a soap needs that time to break in, get some moisture, breath a bit, etc., IMHO.:)

Gentlemen, you were correct about the scent!:) Cherry with almond tones...Christmas cookies for sure! On first lather, the scent really hit me over the head! It was quite distinct and richly aromatic. However, it quickly settled in and became like an old familiar friend.:) It's a scent unlike anything else I've tried. Which is why, I think, it awakened my olfactory senses.:)

I'm looking forward to my next shave!:) I'll probably do a head shave this evening after my workout.:) Cella would offer good protection and cushion for such a shave.:)

Many thanks, again, for the al the great information that introduced me to this terrific shave soap!

Top Bottom