What's new

Carbon Shaving Co. 316 Stainless Razor

The $50.00 refund came through automatically, I did not have to ask for it.
Thumbs Up.png

So I went ahead and purchased one for $200 when they had the 20% off. I will let y’all know what I think after a week or two of use. Granted, I’m new to DE so I don’t have the experience of having used a lot of razors, but nonetheless, a good shave is a good shave. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im curious to see what you think about this razor and how it compares to other 316 stainless like the raw. i might get one myself.

I have a Timeless in stainless, and have previously owned both the Rockwell 6S and Feather AS-D2, so I guess I do have some good stainless razors to compare against. I fully expect Carbon razor to shave well based on reviews I’ve seen, and I’m expecting very good fit and finish. They have obviously put a lot of thought into the razor. Question is, is it worth the $250 normal price point?

I now have 7 shaves in and thought I would try to give my impression of my whole experience:
Packaging - I wouldn’t change a thing. Unique and different
Finish - polishing is good to very good, it is a step below Timeless ( same price category) but on par with Blackland (slightly less expensive)
Handle - if you could add about 3 mm tapering on each side toward the middle of the handle it would add a little more grip. I personally love the handle but others I have shown it to think they need a little more grip toward the middle.
Balance and weight - Spot on for a SS razor.
Maneuverability- Excellent design and easy to use
Face feel - it is not my smoothest razor but it is definitely on the smoother side, no chatter at all and when you hit the sweet spot there is minimal blade feel. I would give it a score of 8/10 compared to all the razors I have.
Efficiency - Easy 3 pass BBS and sometimes 2 pass with minimal touchup. I am very happy with this level. I put it a step below my highest efficiency razors, but I can’t use them daily. I think you have hit the target on balancing smoothness and efficiency so that it can be used as a daily shaver or can tackle a few days of growth without a problem.

Thanks for the update!

I am two shaves in on razor. I want to wait before I give a full update, but so far I am liking it. Very nice razor.

Ok, so I have 4 shaves now with the Carbon razor and am ready to give my $0.02.

First, the thing everyone is taking about: the finish. The finish on the razor is very good. Yes, there are some scratches and tooling marks on the razor, particularly the cap. Are they a deal breaker? Not in my mind. I wasn’t expecting perfect. The “fit” is awesome. No question about it. This razor has very tight tolerances and is put together amazingly. Even the way the handle screws into the cap feels different. Overall, the razor is a fine piece of craftsmanship.

Handle design: personally, I love it. Different? Yes. But, I love the placing of the knurling. Also, the knurling is super grippy with very pronounced ridges. You are not going to drop this thing. The finish on the handle was excellent on my particular razor.

The shave? Well I’m still a noob, but it shaves very smoothly. They market it as mid-aggressive and I’d tend to agree with that label. It’s fairly efficient as well, but less so than my Timeless 0.95. I used Astra SPs, Gillette Platinum and Feathers in it over the 4 shaves. I’d say the Astra or Feather worked best....close performance between the two.

Price: $250. Do I think it’s a fair price? For me, yes. For you? I cannot answer that. These guys have obviously put a lot of work into this razor. It’s machined 316 which is costly and harder to machine as we know. The high polish finish is very nice though not perfect. The balance is excellent. The engraving on the base plate is a nice touch that adds class and gives it a little bump in the looks department.

Overall I’m happy with the razor and think it’s a solid performer worth a go. If you get a chance to use one on a pass around I’d go for it if you are on fence.

Last edited:
Top Bottom