What's new

Carbon Shaving Co. 316 Stainless Razor

Just wondering if anyone has picked one of these up and what they think about it, especially vs. comparable price point razor like Timeless. I heard they got some flak for the finish being not what is expected for a $250 razor. I heard it launched at $300 and price was reduced fairly quickly, which seems worrisome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering if anyone has picked one of these up and what they think about it, especially vs. comparable price point razor like Timeless. I heard they got some flak for the finish being not what is expected for a $250 razor. I heard it launched at $300 and price was reduced fairly quickly, which seems worrisome.

I've yet to see a bad review, I have one incoming on the pass around so we'll see...

I should have mine on Monday I saw it at Maggard’s meetup and liked the feel and balance, when they had a Fathers Day 20% off sale I couldn’t resist and ordered one. I will post my experience when I get a few shaves in.

I’m on the pass around as well. I’m last on the east coast list so it will be awhile. They have another one out for the west.
Met the owners a husband and wife at the Shave meet and they seemed like nice people.

Man, that stinks. Do you own one, or is that just what you’ve been hearing?

Yes I have one. Mine was one of their early sales and there are machine marks all over the head, some three quarter polished out others barely any polish.

If I was sending one on a pass around it would be the best I could find.

Yes I have one. Mine was one of their early sales and there are machine marks all over the head, some three quarter polished out others barely any polish.

If I was sending one on a pass around it would be the best I could find.
Did you receive a refund for the price difference when the retail was cut down?

So has there been any modifications made to address the alleged finish issues, or did they just lower the price?

So has there been any modifications made to address the alleged finish issues, or did they just lower the price?

I'm not sure on the finish issues but I do know as I was right there that another respected razor maker was talking to him about it. Not sure what the conclusion was though. Also the one that I had picked up looked pretty good. Not Wolfman or Timeless good but I didn't see any of the so called scratches on that one. Machine marks on the underside of the top cap and baseplate is what the one I had in hand had on it. So that's all I got on the razor. Nice people to talk to though and I wish them well.

I am aware that Carbon said they refunded early buyers but I was asking to confirm that is what they actually did. For all we know @Wilga may have had no idea about it and never received it... I was just asking...
Sorry that was what I was told so just a pass along of info. I don't personally know anyone who bought it when it first came out. Probably a good thing to contact @Wilga to ask if he did get his refund.

I am aware that Carbon said they refunded early buyers but I was asking to confirm that is what they actually did. For all we know @Wilga may have had no idea about it and never received it... I was just asking...

The $50.00 refund came through automatically, I did not have to ask for it.

Top Bottom