What's new

Captain's Choice Sandalwood

I used the Captain's Choice sandalwood aftershave today. The shave itself was routine and BBS. This was my first time using Captain's Choice aftershave. First thing I noticed is that it there's more in it than alcohol and essential/fragrance oils--I looked up the ingredients and it has glycerin. It's an interesting addition that I liked. No burn and a smooth feeling from the glycerin. I really liked it and wonder why no one else puts glycerin in AS (maybe they do and I've just never seen it before now).

The scent is a single note of sandalwood, which I really like as it pairs with any cologne that has sandalwood. I also found the AS to be subtle and not overpowering. Overall great product.

Captain's Choice Sandalwood was one of the first aftershave purchases for me when I began wet shaving in late February 2018. I hadn't been using it as much for a while, but have reached more for it lately until the warmer weather gets here.

I also love CC Venture and the new Nor'easter is also pretty decent.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Glad you like it! CC Sandalwood is a go-to for me in the winter. It pairs nicely with Proraso Red or any woody scented soaps. My wife is sensitive to strong fragrance, so CC's toned down sillage is a winner for me.

I too love glycerin in aftershave. You will find that many splashes, especially the artisanal products, include it. I keep a bottle of pure glycerin around to add to aftershaves that don't already have it. Its a popular additive for bowl lathers too.

I have captains choice north and Bay rum, both are very nice!

A lot of artisan aftershave makers add glycerin to theirs, and it definitely improves face feel. I also have a bottle of glycerin and will add a few drops to some aftershaves just to improve their moisturizing properties.

Top Bottom