What's new

Captain's Choice Review

Shaving soap ingredients : Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Cocomide MEA, Stearic Acid, Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Isostearamidopropyl Morpholine Lactate, Triethanolamine

No,thanx ...

I don't know the other ingredients, but I try to avoid Triethanolamine. This is what I do, but YMMV. I just realized I let it slip by in my Castle Forbes Lime. Bummer.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Sandalwood and 45th are my tops. Then there’s cat o nine tails
Then there’s land ho reserve. That scent might be my favorite.
Thanks a lot friend! Now I need to try that reserve.

And to think that stuff only exists because of the guys on here that had women in their lives that LOVED the trial version!

I DO have that story right, don't I?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thanks a lot friend! Now I need to try that reserve.

And to think that stuff only exists because of the guys on here that had women in their lives that LOVED the trial version!

I DO have that story right, don't I?
Possibly the note on the site is it’s a happy accident. But not sure if it’s a limited run.

One of my favorite soaps. I've been using CC soaps since they were sold under the RazoRock logo 10 years ago. I even have half a bottle of early CC BR aftershave from 2011, which contained Pure Grain Alcohol, Witch Hazel and Rum. Later versions of the A/S are just as good, so you're not missing anything. Great products.

Venture is by far my favourite(The girlfriend's too). I was extremely pleasantly surprised with Nor'easter and has become my second fav. Just ordered a lime soap and AS. My first purchase was Bay Rum and Cat O Nine Tails AS's. Burned through the cat in no time.
CC is my favourite line of products I've tried so far and they'll always be in my rotation.

My first CC purchases were Sandalwood and Bay Rum. Have the Cat o' Nine Tails and not a fan at all. Not a Sandalwood fan but it was a better scent of the couple I tried. Bay rum was my favorite until I tried Venture and it is now my number one of his scents. My nose is neutral to 45th Parallel and could hardly smell anything from it. I won a bottle of Land Ho in one if his contests(not that great of a scent to me but still use it now and then) and inside the package he sent me was a vial of Nor'easter. I am not a menthol fan which is why I never considered buying it but that vial smelled so nice I had to buy a regular bottle of AS right away just haven't brought my self to buying the soap/cream yet. Lime was good but nothing great. I like the discontinued Christmas or pine tree scent of North soap. I just have so many soaps/creams now I have been trying to use them up and not buy anymore so not sure how much more of CC products I will get in the future.

My first CC purchases were Sandalwood and Bay Rum. Have the Cat o' Nine Tails and not a fan at all. Not a Sandalwood fan but it was a better scent of the couple I tried. Bay rum was my favorite until I tried Venture and it is now my number one of his scents. My nose is neutral to 45th Parallel and could hardly smell anything from it. I won a bottle of Land Ho in one if his contests(not that great of a scent to me but still use it now and then) and inside the package he sent me was a vial of Nor'easter. I am not a menthol fan which is why I never considered buying it but that vial smelled so nice I had to buy a regular bottle of AS right away just haven't brought my self to buying the soap/cream yet. Lime was good but nothing great. I like the discontinued Christmas or pine tree scent of North soap. I just have so many soaps/creams now I have been trying to use them up and not buy anymore so not sure how much more of CC products I will get in the future.
The 45th Parallel has barely any noticeable scent to me either. Which is not a problem and even good in certain cases, just saying I cannot smell it either. I have not tried Land Ho but it sort of caught my eye. I LOOOVE Nor'Easter and I really want to try Cat o' Nine tails and Italia. Like you I have been trying to use up some of what I have, but getting anxious seeing everyone talk about scent I have not tried ! lol

The 45th Parallel has barely any noticeable scent to me either. Which is not a problem and even good in certain cases, just saying I cannot smell it either. I have not tried Land Ho but it sort of caught my eye. I LOOOVE Nor'Easter and I really want to try Cat o' Nine tails and Italia. Like you I have been trying to use up some of what I have, but getting anxious seeing everyone talk about scent I have not tried ! lol

My experience with Co9T is the scent is kind of off putting, it does have a little bay rum scent to it. Bad thing is sometimes I get kind of a cat urine smell from it. I will use it on occasion just to use it up but if I plan on going out I definitely use something else. If you want a bay rum AS Ogalalla bay rum is quite nice. Even though I have CC bay rum soap I never got the matching AS.

My experience with Co9T is the scent is kind of off putting, it does have a little bay rum scent to it. Bad thing is sometimes I get kind of a cat urine smell from it. I will use it on occasion just to use it up but if I plan on going out I definitely use something else. If you want a bay rum AS Ogalalla bay rum is quite nice. Even though I have CC bay rum soap I never got the matching AS.
I have ogallala on my list to get some day.

I have a product or 2 that I use just to get rid of and not if I am going to be around people, as well.

Top Bottom